Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mmmm..Breakfast! Hot cinnamon bread and coffee (no flour) page 2

AuroraB is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    curlygirl,
    I have a question or two... I made it this morning and it did not go well. What kind of almond butter do you use? I used fresh ground from my local co-op so I guess it's not as creamy as a brand name kind. I used acv instead of lemon juice because I was out of lemon juice. Could 2 minutes have been too long in a 1000 watt microwave? It came out like rubber. Flavor was fine but texture was hard to get past.
    I remember making mug cake, pre-primal, and thinking that it seemed a little rubbery at times. Maybe it's just me...
    Thanks,
    AuroraB

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    curlygirl,
    I have a question or two... I made it this morning and it did not go well. What kind of almond butter do you use? I used fresh ground from my local co-op so I guess it's not as creamy as a brand name kind. I used acv instead of lemon juice because I was out of lemon juice. Could 2 minutes have been too long in a 1000 watt microwave? It came out like rubber. Flavor was fine but texture was hard to get past.
    I remember making mug cake, pre-primal, and thinking that it seemed a little rubbery at times. Maybe it's just me...
    Thanks,
    AuroraB
    Hmmm...Maybe it was the acv? I've never tried it with that. I grind my own almond butter but I've also tried it with store bought. It could be that 2 min was too long for yours. 2 mins works for my microwave and for some of my "testers", but I'm sure it could vary from oven to oven.

Often when I try a new recipe in the microwave, I'll start checking it a min or so early just in case. Try lemon juice and 1:30 instead. Let us know how it goes!
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12