Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discouraged and thinking of trying HA2CG diet page

denisedb is offline Member

Discouraged and thinking of trying HA2CG diet

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,

Blah. I am discouraged. Highest weight at 165 lbs, I'm 5'6", have tried and fallen, tried and fallen. Major stresses going on in my life but who doesn't have them? Don't want to make excuses. Turned 40 this year and I feel like I might as well be 50. I've had such trouble losing weight (my pre-pregnancy weight was 125, was that weight for years), now 8 years later I feel like throwing in the towel.

A wonderful integrative MD I've seen recently suggested this new HA2CG diet -- it's a VERY low calorie and NO FAT diet. Yeah, I know. It is done in tandem with homeopathic drops that somehow mimic a pregnancy hormone (I'm no nutritionist or MD and the explanation sounded very convincing). There has been fantastic success with this for people who've gone through the ringer to try to lose weight. It's brief -- only 24-45 days -- eating basically primal but with no fat! I tried it and by day 5 I literally felt like I was going to faint. Anyone else done this? I am desperately trying to kick start some weight loss here. Any advice, knowledge on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Oh -- also, once you finish the brief low calorie run on this diet a Primal/Paleo diet is recommended.

Thanks!

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Sounds terrible. Low fat is never primal. You feel faint by day 5 - how do you think you will feel in a week, in 40 days?

PB is about the long term, it's about setting yourself up for life.

Remember, if these magic drops/plan actually worked, wouldn't Oprah be thin?
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Sorry you are discouraged, but I agree with Goosejuggler, your alternative doesn't sound helpful.

What has derailed you from primal? Do you need to clear out your pantry? get some good ingredients in? plan some meals? prep in advance for busy days?

There is plenty of advice and encouragement on this site. It really is worth giving a solid shot at, the health benefits alone are usually worth the effort, and weight loss almost always follows even when it is not the focus.

Please don't give up, but work on finding ways to look after yourself and make this work for you.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    What does 165 look like on a 5'6" person? Doesn't sound very heavy to me...

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Going on a starvation diet will net you "weight loss" ie. a lower number on the scale because the body will respond to famine by cannibalizing your lean muscle mass and internal organs as well as some fat. The homeopathic drops are a scam of course to separate the gullible from their money. Some here have tried this urine hormone therapy with very bad results and can probably tell you more about it.

Are you following the PB? Not just on the food but getting the exercise, the sleep, etc?

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    NO FAT diet = Horrible thing to do to your hormonal system.
    Your body produces all its sexual hormones from CHOLESTEROL.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Why are you trying a fad? Why didn't primal work for you? Were you fully compliant and eating enough for weight loss? No fat will make you feel like crap, and you may be thinner at the end but your skin is not going to look very good...
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    What does 165 look like on a 5'6" person? Doesn't sound very heavy to me...
    I'm 47 years old, 5'6", bitty boobies, and right now I'm 168 (which I hate because it's the heaviest I get - loving my genes).

It's not great, but it's not all that bad either. It's definitely not bikini weight or even tight jeans weight (muffin top), but you honestly just look pretty normal unless you're comparing yourself to athletes or 20-somethings.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am 5'6" and 1/2" The picture on the left is me at ~ 155 lbs. On the right - at 117 lbs. Middle is 128 lbs. So, yes, 165 at 5'6" is pretty heavy for someone who is built like I am.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Ackks! sounds awful. I don't know if you have tried a whole 30 at all? the reason being that it could be allergies that are causing you to hold onto the weight. Are you eating dairy? Have you cut out all faux food, including all forms of sugar? so not even paleo friendly sugars. etc. How strict are you? Another thing is to experiment with portion control. Gradually cutting down your portions, you may find you just need less. I don't see the point in a diet like that for a quick loss, you will be even more depressed when you gain it back.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast