Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Discouraged and thinking of trying HA2CG diet page 4

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    first, i didn't notice that leida said she was trying to loose more weight, so no need to jump n her. she just provided pictures to show a given weight on a given height. But, a different bdoy type of the same height would look different -- just how it goes. but it's oen good example.

denise,

i think the real issue here is sleep. it makes a huge difference when you don't get enough -- and having little ones who don't yet sleep 5-6 hr stretches (or more) can be a killer. and, using sugar as a crutch to keep energy up is no new tactic, so you know why it's not working.

my suggestion is to just get your sleep toether first and do "best you can" primal and don't worry about it overmuch at this point. Once you feel that your sleep is online (i need 9 hrs a night, personally -- you can imagine the personal hell that was my son's infant,a nd he's a GOOD sleeper and was doing 5 hr stretches from week 3. it was madness!), then you'll be able to focus more on clean diet, then movement.

Once each component is locked in, you can see how the results are,and we can fine tune the diet/movement/sleep from there. But until you get the sleep and diet organized, its' not going to work.

and it might be a while before the sleep is truly organized, so don't beat yourself up, ok?

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    first, i didn't notice that leida said she was trying to loose more weight, so no need to jump n her. she just provided pictures to show a given weight on a given height. But, a different bdoy type of the same height would look different -- just how it goes. but it's oen good example.

denise,

i think the real issue here is sleep. it makes a huge difference when you don't get enough -- and having little ones who don't yet sleep 5-6 hr stretches (or more) can be a killer. and, using sugar as a crutch to keep energy up is no new tactic, so you know why it's not working.

my suggestion is to just get your sleep toether first and do "best you can" primal and don't worry about it overmuch at this point. Once you feel that your sleep is online (i need 9 hrs a night, personally -- you can imagine the personal hell that was my son's infant,a nd he's a GOOD sleeper and was doing 5 hr stretches from week 3. it was madness!), then you'll be able to focus more on clean diet, then movement.

Once each component is locked in, you can see how the results are,and we can fine tune the diet/movement/sleep from there. But until you get the sleep and diet organized, its' not going to work.

and it might be a while before the sleep is truly organized, so don't beat yourself up, ok?
    Haha I didn't jump on her, I just had the urge to compliment her because she beats herself up too often on other threads and it was the first time that I could see her results. She didn't say that on this topic, but she complains quite often about it.

And what you said about sleep is spot on, too.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Penady is offline Senior Member
    I have always struggled with my weight, so I understand your frustrations. Before I found PB, I tried that diet. I lasted less than a week on it because I was STARVING!!! I've heard a few anecdotal success stories...in the short term. A lot of people end up putting the weight right back on because it's nothing more than a crash diet and you don't really learn anything about long-term weight maintenance. I'm so glad I found PB. My weight loss has been really slow, about 12 pounds since March, but that is mostly due to me not following the program consistently. I had built in too many "cheat" days and wasn't following the fitness part as well as I should have been. I'd advise you to stay away from any diet program that you can't make into a lifestyle.

denisedb is offline Member
    Thanks to most all of you for your thoughtful, merciful and compassionate responses! It has been tough on the sleep front, but it I agree that it seems straight up wrong to try the HA2CG diet. I will keep sleeping, and hone in on Primal lifestyle, especially diet, 100%. Hope to be posting before and after pics next spring!

denisedb is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    Obviously you did not get the tone behind the comment.
    "Jump! Jump! Jump!" as in - it's your suicide.
    This is a primal/paleo forum, we support natural and whole foods.
    Although there are no stupid questions, it is foolish to ask that kind of question in this kind of forum.
    Many people here shed countless pounds just by eating real food. You should try that before you go to "miracle drugs".
    Gilleh,

I tend to take what people say at face value. While I appreciate the time and energy you take to respond to my post, I might offer that advice is often more easily taken with honey than with vinegar. If you find my questions and situation foolish, please, no need to waste your time on me. Thanks anyway and best of luck to you.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Did you honestly think anyone would support that kind of diet here?
    I think that you needed support much more than advice and that was your way of asking it
    In a way, this is not different than countless "I'm primal for 1 week now, why am I not losing weight?"
    And still, this is a very supportive forum in many ways - even those threads get answer.
    If you're stressed out I suggest investing more time in your food, make your primal foods your comfort foods.
    I might have been harsh but remember you were considering doing something awful to your body. Vinegar was needed.
    Best of luck.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denisedb View Post
    Hi all,

Blah. I am discouraged. Thanks!

Know where you are, been there and just recently. I'm the kind of guy that has tried everything. Green Coffee bean extract is suppose to lose weight without trying....I bought it.....eat only.....I tried it.

I did lose a bunch of weight on one "packaged food" diet but it was too expensive.

I have gone primal for just a month and also wondering "what the hell"? Not dropping like I should(or in my mind).

The post that has gotten me the most results (although short term) was about Intermitent fasting. I still haven't found the exact time I should be doing it, waiting for responses to my posts.

I have gone to eating just at supper. I found the first day a little hard, second day easier, third day didn't really notice it, and starting my 4th day today.

I have lost......drum roll.............. over 7 lbs (Sat till this morning Thursday). Have no idea how that is even possible but I'll take it. Also, according to Ketostix I'm still not in ketosis? That freaks me out because my carb intake even before the fasting was well under 100 every day.

I'd try the fasting if I were you. Only thing you have to lose is being hungry for a few days (trial) and probably some weight.

Good luck and dont' turn into a me.......buy anything that says you will lose weight, you won't.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Shelly6 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

denise,

With the stress, poor sleep, and sugar as a crutch to keep the OP moving, I wonder about adrenals...it's not uncommon with the SAD from what I understand and I know I have/do experience it, and I wouldn't be surprised if a very large percentage of the world does. It can make you feel like your death is impending....and (IME) going low calorie is one of the worst things you can do, but going normal/high calorie with the wrong stuff can be just as bad. Apparently it can take 6-24 months to see a difference, but it's worth it. Hopefully things can be figured out for Denise and she'll feel better fast

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234