Hello! Well here I am, beginning my primal journey! I've always been an active person (sometimes too active!), spending many hours working at the farm and riding horses ever since I was a young child. My eating habits were terrible through my teenage years-- I hated veggies and was clueless when it came to cooking. l have always been able to mantain a healty body weight, and have tried various diets to try and become healthier, more toned, and lose those extra 5 lbs. Of course, nothing ever really worked for long, and it was so easy to eat a giant bowl of pasta... plus I thought that was what I needed to stay fueled through my work day.

After a summer of illness, a cancer scare, and just a general feeling of "bleck", I figured there had to be a better way. A friend was diagnosed with c. difficile over the summer and started talking about his diet and how he had learned that grains were actually bad for you. That put me on an internet search which ended with the discovery of the PB. I know it is the way to go and the way I want to live the rest of my life.

I am still learning A LOT about what is and isn't primal (obviously that bowl of pasta is out of the picture now, but what about whole milk yogurt?) and am certainly making some mistakes along the way. Such is life, and I love learning from said mistakes.

Anyways, let me get down and dirty with what I have eating today!

Breakfast:
Cup of coffee with powdered creamer (oops... need to pick up some organic heavy cream)
3 eggs with red peppers and feta cheese

Lunch:
Smoothie... blueberries, strawberries, yogurt, water, whey protein powder

Random Handfuls of:
almonds, sweet potato chips (is this primal?)

Dinner:
Seared Chicken w/ avacado and cauliflower rice
Seared Chicken with Avocado - The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans LLC

Still hungry...
1 cup whole milk yogurt w/ almonds, walnuts, cinnamon, brown sugar (is this allowed?)

As far as excercise... I didnt do any today. I just felt tired after a few very busy work weeks (work is riding horses, walking back and forth to pastures, lifting 50lb feed bags, etc...).

I always welcome feedback and advice!