Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blueberry Cheesecake page 2

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Breakfast is just another meal ...

Enjoy your cheesecake. In the end, it's only like yoghurt and berries, which is perfectly acceptable (even to conventional wisdom) for breakfast.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    I don't see why not Trish - the 1:2 ratio between "something slightly sour" and "some form of cream cheese" seems to work out well, giving the right tang without having to use lemon juice which can really unbalance things.
    There is this stuff called labne which is a middle eastern kefir cheese. It has the sour tang of yoghurt but is halfway between the consistency of greek yoghurt and cream cheese. I'm thinking that would be a great way to avoid the whey issue.

Slinkykitty is offline Member
    Wow, that is beautiful. Looks divine

Labneh would work fine - in fact, google "labneh cheesecake" for recipes and method. It's the same principle.

Surfie is online now Junior Member
    This looks and sounds amazing. I'll have to try it! Any suggestions if I don't have chef rings?

Cheers! You could spoon into ramekins - you won't be able to turn them out, but eaten from the ramekin would be fine. Pastry cutters? eBay and just buy some - they don't cost much at all and are useful for forming all sorts of foods to look nice, sweet and savoury.

little vase is online now Senior Member
    I make cheesecake weekly. My recipe is cream cheese, a splash of vanilla, some honey, juice of a whole lemon, and some lemon zest. It tastes exactly like classic New York Cheesecake. Add an egg and you can bake it, let it cool, fridge it, and eat it the next day. Really dense and firm like the classic. Super huge hit in my house. I top it with dark chocolate shavings, and freshly whipped heavy whipping cream. Super decadent, and all primal.

I make it for my husband and son. I don't usual ever eat it myself but have been known to lick the spoons.
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

Surfie is online now Junior Member
    Oh, perfect. I have a couple small glass ramekins that should work well. I didn't even think of them. I'll keep my eye out for those chef rings too. Thanks!

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Question. What's wrong with Philly cream cheese? What does 'pure' cream cheese mean? The boutique cheese place near here doesn't carry cream cheese at all, I'm fairly sure.

Pure as is in from one ingredient: milk. No preservatives, flavourings, additives or other stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast