Thread: First Fast Attempt page

ikaika is offline Senior Member

First Fast Attempt

Shop Now
    I decided last night at 3:40 AM to start my first fast. I was more tired than I was hungry all day (part of the reason I chose to try it is because ever since I was a kid I couldn't tell the difference between tired and hungry. I wanted to try and 'feel' hunger and get used to myself a bit more). I got very, very, very tired and realized on my bicycle that I was almost moving too slow to stay upright.

I stuck through it but when I was just about to start my film shoot I broke it with some kombucha and ants-on-a-log with blueberries in place of raisins. I didn't feel right and I felt that my body wasn't OK doing a full night of camera operation and cinematography like that. That was about 7:30pm. Since then, I've snacked on nuts and veggies and such (consiously) and finally broke into my ceviche.

Maybe I'll try again... but maybe not before a shoot.

Hmmmmm. 15 hours? What do you think?

-写

PS - I stayed extremely hydrated.
    Last edited by ikaika; 04-12-2010 at 10:41 PM.

dfast is offline Member
    Fasting can be energising but you're right, probably not best to start when you are genuinely tired! My best fasts always start after a good eight hours of sleep - incorporating sleep time gives you a nice 'kick-start' to the whole thing (mentally as well as physically - knowing you've already done eight hours ).

I actually got so tired that I took a two hour nap at like 4pm. It was really bad. I never do that. All I wanted-- all my brain would focus on-- was sleep and water. Thats it. It was an awful frame of mind... so I hope to be more aptly prepared next time.

Sleep is my worst talent for sure.

-写

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    First of all: Good job on the first fast, don't fret on length, it was a successful effort.

Second: Im not sure of the background of the story, but I can tell you right now the benefits of fasting won't even measure up against the benefits of sleeping, especially between 10 and 6.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Wow, thank you. Its funny when you know something yourself but it really takes someone else's words to hammer it in. I know, fully, that I don't get enough sleep. I made a valiant effort last night to get to sleep by midnight and I think I made it by 1 but that's pretty good for me. I'll keep trying with that, too... especially because I haven't been lifting and I have to do SOMETHING right for myself.

-写