Hey guys I'm new here... I powerlift and am 19 going on 20... I have bunions on both feet... the right worse than the left and both not bad according to the doc, but bad enough to eventually have to get surgery down the road when the pain becomes unbearable. The right one is starting to give me some pain. My mom has bunions and her grandmother had them, but I have not had them all my life. Truth is I cant remember when or how I got them. I have been wearing orthotics on and off for years now due to my semi flat feet and the doc says I over pronate... I read about vibram five fingers and other minimalist shoes and wonder if switching to barefoot may solve my bunion problems so I can go back to doing sled dragging and hill sprints again. My Chuck Taylors seem too narrow and are starting to bother my right bunion after I am done waiting tables at night. I do not care if the lump is still there so long as the vibram shoes can make me pain free and straighten the big toe out a bit, it is almost touching the toe next to it now on the right foot. My mom says I am stupid for thinking barefoot is the answer as she has tried it and says it just makes her bunions hurt more... she was never disciplined with it though as she would alternate with orthotics... anyone have any input... also I have size 13 shoes so would my foot be too big for vibrams, im a big guy...