Thread: Whey isolate everyday even not after a workout? page

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member

Whey isolate everyday even not after a workout?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've become addicted to protein fluff as a mini-snack/dessert. Shit is amazing with frozen blueberries and naners.

just looking for thoughts on it. I don't necessarily need to the protein but it isnt shoving other things out of my diet and it is extremely satiating and super filling and relatively lo carb for those off days.

ciep is online now Senior Member
    I use a lot of whey protein. It's not ideal as a food source IMO, in the sense that it's a pretty processed food (which I try to avoid), but on the other hand it's very convenient and cheap for protein (versus steak, for example).

So yeah, basically I like it and find it to come in quite handy regularly.

My only recommendation is to buy one that's as natural as possible (no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors).

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I'll just throw in that a whey concentrate is closer to true form and a bit less processed than the isolate, so I would go with that.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    I've become addicted to protein fluff as a mini-snack/dessert. Shit is amazing with frozen blueberries and naners.

just looking for thoughts on it. I don't necessarily need to the protein but it isnt shoving other things out of my diet and it is extremely satiating and super filling and relatively lo carb for those off days.
    What are naners?

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
    What are naners?
    Bananers
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I'll just throw in that a whey concentrate is closer to true form and a bit less processed than the isolate, so I would go with that.
    Agreed. Whey is one of the most processed protein supplements out there, so be careful with your source. If you don't have digestive, mood, or skin issues after eating it (I did when I used whey), keep at it.

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    What's nanners?!? Boil em, mash em, stick em ina stew!

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Lately I got into the habit of having whey isolate (about 40 - 50g. worth), coconut milk and frozen strawberries smoothies fairly often as a lunch meal replacement. I workout intensely 5 days a week, but I'm having the smoothies regardless of whether I work out or not that day. I suppose I need to back down a little on protein. Seems like some days I'm getting about 120g, which I think is just too much for me.
    Lately I'm noticing that my legs are kind of getting maybe too muscular for my taste. DH was getting a feel of one of my thighs last nite and commented on how strong and firm I'm getting and how there's no longer fat under the skin.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I have a scoop of whey powder (18 g protein) in my breakfast smoothie. The "real food" police don't like it, but I tell 'em it's my 20% and they can go pound Himalayan salt. IMO it's a good way to get complete protein without eating steak for breakfast.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't worry about it. I use a lot of whey too as I'm an athlete. As long as it's not giving you any skin, gut, etc. issues then go for it. Unprocessed is always better but I think whey is pretty benign.