Thread: Venison Summer Sausage page

Samuel Hughes is offline Junior Member

Venison Summer Sausage

Primal Fuel
    So my friend gave me this huge Venison summer sausage. It was made by some company in small town Virginia, I think using deer his grandfather killed plus...whatever else they put in it. Think I should eat it? I am not one to waste food but at the same time I like to know what I am eating...

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Take a bite.

If you keel over dead we'll know it's not primal.

... or you know, you'll either feel "okay" eating it, or it'll make you feel "not okay".

If there's stuff in there that you'd rather not eat, you could consider that part of your 20% right?

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member
    Places that make summer sausage are usually pretty natural. Worst case? Probably sugar and/or some kind of fat. Venison is usually too lean for sausage. So the sugar is probably minimal, and the source of the fat may not be grass fed, but it's still fat. All in all it's mostly game. I'd eat it, and if you won't send it to me.

verdilak is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Allbeef Patty View Post
    Places that make summer sausage are usually pretty natural. Worst case? Probably sugar and/or some kind of fat. Venison is usually too lean for sausage. So the sugar is probably minimal, and the source of the fat may not be grass fed, but it's still fat. All in all it's mostly game. I'd eat it, and if you won't send it to me.
    I agree. There is going to be a decent amount of fat, which is good. Probably a bit of sugar, but if you are like me, you eat any sugar and you'll get a headache only to realize that the summer sausage is destined for another.
    Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
    Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
    I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal