Thread: leg cast page

MalPaz is offline Senior Member

leg cast

So I am in a leg cast for the next…well long while… what exercises and things can I do not involving my legs…just hips/butt up… please help I am miserable sitting around with a straight leg!

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I'm in a little better shape than you. Right ankle is broken; need to wear a compression boot up to the knee, which means I can bend almost 90 degrees, but I'm not supposed to have any weight on that leg other than body weight.

Lotsa upper body and core work.

Crunches with legs up in the air. Grab a dumbbell. Balance in a V-sit while twisting to tap the DB on the floor from side to side. Punch the air from side to side with two DBs. Do shoulder presses. Lie on the ground holding them at your side, then slowly raise over your head. Put on some music and just go all crazy with the DBs while lieing on the ground or sitting on the couch. You'll look like a crazy person, but who cares?

hahahah sounds good to me thanks!

Big Dave is offline Senior Member
    I feel your pain: I just had my left knee reconstructed. Full replacement ACL from a cadaver, partial miniscus removal with a repair on what was left, two titanium screws and micro fracture repair. Not bad for an afternoon Basketball game to burn a few calories??? So, working through it just like you, just starting to do bodyweight leg excercises: squats, lunges, bosu ball etc! I cant wait to get back to full training!

Good luck with your injury!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    good for you i hope your healing goes well... i however, cannot bend my left leg for 10 days(9 more now!). i am so frustrated and angry with myself for letting it get to this point and "dealing" with pain for so long.

i tried to "run in my chair" at work earlier... didnt work well