Thread: Fasting question page

brichter45 is offline Junior Member

Alright I had my last grain on Sunday night. I planned on fasting the first two days just to release all the gunk out of my body.

I had planned on doing this a while ago and bought Beachbody's 2-Day Fast formula. I didn't use it yesterday just stuck to water and tea. I was wondering if i should us it looking at the label.

There are 19g of carbs. 2g are fiber, and 16g are from sugars.

Do you guys think this is too much sugar? I'm doing fine without it I'm just wondering.

Thanks

Clint is offline Senior Member

Any time you can avoid sugar, the better off you'll be. Plus, if you want to be technical, it's not a fast if you consume anything with caloric value. That's more of the Warrior Diet protocol of under-eating and then over-eating.

I'm not a big fan of multiple day fasts, especially if you're new to fasting. If you really want to do it, really listen to your body and break the fast if you need to.

Also, it's usually best to break your fast with a smaller meal and not a huge one.

Right I think i'm going to stick to water and tea today. I'm new to fasting but the only thing that I can see with my body is my energy level. Everything else is fine. I had a craving last night for some pizza haha but that subsided. I don't crave food right now it's weird i thought i would be starving all day. I plan on making a shake for my first meal tomorrow instead of a heavy egg breakfast. I'll work my way back up to normal eating.

Thanks for the info clint!

ChristinaP Guest

I personally wouldn't use a shake with that much sugar/carbs, I would eat real food. I like to have a protein/fat meal or snack to break my fasts...eggs are perfect.

Okay then maybe i will make an omelet! Thanks Christina...This is my first fast so i'm kind of touch and go haha.

Conan Guest

I'm not sure fasting is going to "clean the gunk out". The recommendations that I've seen suggest addressing food quality, food quantity, sleep, and exercise first before trying to incorporate fasting. If you try fasting before addressing these other issues it may not provide the desired results.

Let me rephrase that to "start the ketosis process"

there fixed...

Well i do believe I have the Sweet breath... My burps kind of taste like apples haha...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

One thing to note about fasting here, is it allows your body time to 'fix' things while it is not needing to focus on digesting and distributing your food and it's nutrients (kind of like the digestion's equivalent to an 8 hour nightly sleep cycle).

I am a firm believer in cleanses and fasts since it helped me tremendously when I had health issues that I just could not 'pin down'.

Anything that your body has to 'digest' or 'consume' is breaking a fast.

I'm not an expert, so I don't have the facts, but what I have read in regards to the amount of energy your body uses to digest food for 2 - 3 hours AFTER eating is pretty astounding. When you don't eat, that energy can be better focused on other 'bodily repairs', etc.