Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dehydrating and fast for weight loss

Dehydrating and fast for weight loss

Shop Now
    ideas?
    Last edited by PrimalOzzie; 10-02-2015 at 04:30 PM.

This is just my opinion, but if I were going to jump out of an airplane, I'd want to be completely healthy, alert, and not in a state induced by dehydration. Why don't you just try to drop some weight instead of dehydrating yourself?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

I agree with Damiana. Losing the weight "normally" is probably best.
    Many boxers do what you've described to make weight for a fight, but it's not ideal, and in a professional fight, there's 24 hours between weigh-in and the actual fight. They use that time to eat and replenish their bodies so that they don't feel like crap for the fight.
    If your weigh in is right before you sky dive, then you won't have time to replenish, and you may feel foggy and weak.
    Next time around, lose the weight normally so you're not scrambling at the last minute.

As an x-wrestler with 16+ years experience in crash weight loss here it is....If you have to be AT the weight you speak of at the time of jump dehydration should be your last choice. Being dehydrated makes you weaker and less alert than even fasting for a couple days would. So no, I don't think thats a good idea. I'd rather be hydrated and just not eat for a day or two (or just minimize intake). Now, if it was like the matches I use to be in where you have 1-2 hrs to rehydrate after weigh ins that is a whole different story because you can easily rehydrate and be up to snuff quicker than you can assimilate nutrients. Sounds like you need to be AT that weight though to be within the realms of the equipment standards (i.e. your not too heavy for the para-shoot)....

Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by PrimalOzzie; 10-02-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Apparently you haven't been reading any of the 'potato' threads...

If you eat only potatoes, no oils or fat added, baked or boiled, with just salt and spices, you should lose 1/2 - 1 pound a day.

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    Apparently you haven't been reading any of the 'potato' threads...

If you eat only potatoes, no oils or fat added, baked or boiled, with just salt and spices, you should lose 1/2 - 1 pound a day.
    yeah I read them and did consider it

If you eat 3 medium potatoes (approx 250grams each) a day, nothing else, for 3 or 4 day, I can guarantee you will lose about 1 or 2 kg in that time. I will refund the total cost* of your trip if you don't.

*up to the price of 3 potatoes

They use that time to eat and replenish their bodies so that they don't feel like crap for the fight.

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    If you eat 3 medium potatoes (approx 250grams each) a day, nothing else, for 3 or 4 day, I can guarantee you will lose about 1 or 2 kg in that time. I will refund the total cost* of your trip if you don't.

*up to the price of 3 potatoes

How do you feel after 4 days of nothing but potato?