Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've Gotta POOP!!! (Not For The Weak Stomached) page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Unhappy I've Gotta POOP!!! (Not For The Weak Stomached)

So I've been IF-ing...

Everything has been going well.

But I've noticed that when I break my 24-hour fast, my ass opens up WIDE!

I eat my fast-breaking meal...then suddenly, I have to poop BAD! Without hardly any warning. Today it was so bad I actually didn't make it in time and had to take a shower right after. I know, it's gross, but it's true.

The problem is that it's not solid, it's almost totally liquid. I'm not sick. I don't feel bad at all. I just don't understand why it does it and most of all how to prevent it.
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

bootson is offline Senior Member
    Eat in the bathroom?

Heh sorry, I don't know what it could be - hope someone has an answer for you.

It happens about 10 minutes after I finish eating... of course I always end my fasts at home... so it's been okay for now
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Fat diarrhoea maybe? If you consume a lot of fat, when not used to it your waste will be almost always liquid. I get that too if I go over 200 grams of fat in one day. However, I usually get that the day after, not 10 minutes after eating. So it might not be it.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I've read that the digestive system works all together simultaneously. So when you swallow, that starts the stomach churning, the intestines moving and so on. Any food you had in your system before your IF that you didn't excrete would then be set back into motion. I find that a glass of water when I wake up in the morning is enough to get the bowels moving. As to why it's all liquid in your case ... I dunno.

Lekki is offline Junior Member
    I had this when I first IF-ed. When I IF I drink a lot of water and herbal tea. About 1 pm on my IF day, I can kinda feel it going into my intestines, and not my bladder. Then then I eat, it is like it all comes out liquid. It cleared up after a while, and I didn't really change anything. So, maybe just give your body time to adjust?

Lekki

Lillian is offline Member
    Before PB, I used to incorporate 24 hr fasts regularly, like 1x a week as a way to allow my body to "clean house". From what I've learned, when you fast, you allow your digestive system to rest from continuously breaking down food to cleaning and healing.

(Breaking the Fast)

The sticky, toxic, mucoid coating on the intestinal wall is loose, and the first meal frees it from the intestinal wall. Toxins enter the blood through the colon. The gallbladder dumps its waste in a heavy discharge of bile. This can cause an instant bowel movement upon eating followed by intense diarrhea.
    Basically, you're "detoxing" in a way. It's happened multiple times and I take it as "better out than in" If you're worried, look up detox and you will learn that a lot of people fast just to allow their body to rest and repair.. Although you have no reason to be

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian View Post
    Before PB, I used to incorporate 24 hr fasts regularly, like 1x a week as a way to allow my body to "clean house". From what I've learned, when you fast, you allow your digestive system to rest from continuously breaking down food to cleaning and healing.

(Breaking the Fast)

The sticky, toxic, mucoid coating on the intestinal wall is loose, and the first meal frees it from the intestinal wall. Toxins enter the blood through the colon. The gallbladder dumps its waste in a heavy discharge of bile. This can cause an instant bowel movement upon eating followed by intense diarrhea.

Basically, you're "detoxing" in a way. It's happened multiple times and I take it as "better out than in" If you're worried, look up detox and you will learn that a lot of people fast just to allow their body to rest and repair.. Although you have no reason to be
    No, I wasn't worried. I only get worried if there is blood in the stool. But that breaking the fast paragraph was a perfect description and knowing that it's actually me detoxing makes me feel a lot better. I have needed a good detox.

Thanks for everyone replying and not shying away! :-)

verdilak is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian View Post

Thanks, that helped me to understand why the same thing was happening to me at times.
    Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
    Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
    I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

coach81 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    *holding hand up* Same exact thing happened to me right after I broke my two 24 hour fasts. Glad I'm not the only one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast