Thread: Did I over do it? page

jaczor is offline Member

Did I over do it?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just had dinner and I think I went a little too far, fat wise, this is what I had:

-250-300gr of beef tenderloin, it had some fat and it was awesome.
    -A bunch of green peppers, grilled with a little bit of butter.
    -Two thick slices of pork pancetta (about 10mm thick, I'm guessing almost 100gr).

I feel I had too much fat, for the first time since I started paleo on monday. The tenderloin and green peppers are a staple meal for me, I wanted to shake things up with the pancetta and I don't know if it's too much.

So, what do you guys think? is there such a thing as too much fat in paleo? Bare in mind that I'm looking to loose weight. However, I didn't have lunch, just eggs and bacon for breakfast, it's one of the things I love about paleo, I don't need to worry about how many meals I have and I think it helps to keep the calories down without being hungry all the time.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Really it all depends on if your trying to lose weight or not (just read that you are). If so then its recommended that you eat slowly and stop when you are satisfied rather than stuffed. Good thing is that if you are following the "eat when hungry" protocol then that extra fat is just likely to satiate you longer, and you may feel fine skipping your next meal ending up with a net loss.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I usally feel a bit icky after a really fatty meal, but then I'm not hungry for hours, bet you won't want breakfast in the morning
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................