Thread: RE-meet!

Threaded View

RE-meet!

I'm a mess. I started PB in July and initially did well and felt good.

Life took over. Chronic injury. Marital stress. Non-Primal food "Cheating" rationalized and swept under the rug. Yesterday I realized I am back to my pre-July self minus the regular exercise. Weight is piling on because I cannot move quickly or lift heavy. Mood is going down because of what I just said (plus the sugar eaten).

So, I'm doing a re-meet. We are all allowed 1 re-meet. I read it in the Forum rules.

My name is Pam. I am 47 years old. I'm a chronic cardio survivor ready to make some long term changes to how I eat and how I feel. I'm always tired. Always blah. Rarely without sugar. Very easy for me to dump the grains and the gluten. Even the dairy. Very difficult for me to stop the sugar: Chocolate. Toffee. Frosting. Caramel. Confuse other feelings for hunger (tired? nope, hungry. Thirsty? Hunger. Happy? Hungry.)

I'm not sure just how to re-do PB. I do know I have to pay more attention to just how much I am eating now that I am not able to be as active. I was eating way more protein than I needed for my size (5'3"; 120lbs) but enjoying every moment. I need to add more vegetables back in. I was a huge veggie eater, but had gone overboard with the meat at the expense of the crunchy reds, yellows and greens. Eat fat to be satiated. Don't confuse eating fat with eating meat. Two different things.

I grew cocky and lazy and ignored the backsliding until I was back to where I started. Yay, me.

Re-meet complete.
    Last edited by PHaselow; 11-18-2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: my husband didn't cheat on me... had to clarify! :)

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel