Thread: RE-meet! page

PHaselow is offline Senior Member

RE-meet!

Primal Fuel
    I'm a mess. I started PB in July and initially did well and felt good.

Life took over. Chronic injury. Marital stress. Non-Primal food "Cheating" rationalized and swept under the rug. Yesterday I realized I am back to my pre-July self minus the regular exercise. Weight is piling on because I cannot move quickly or lift heavy. Mood is going down because of what I just said (plus the sugar eaten).

So, I'm doing a re-meet. We are all allowed 1 re-meet. I read it in the Forum rules.

My name is Pam. I am 47 years old. I'm a chronic cardio survivor ready to make some long term changes to how I eat and how I feel. I'm always tired. Always blah. Rarely without sugar. Very easy for me to dump the grains and the gluten. Even the dairy. Very difficult for me to stop the sugar: Chocolate. Toffee. Frosting. Caramel. Confuse other feelings for hunger (tired? nope, hungry. Thirsty? Hunger. Happy? Hungry.)

I'm not sure just how to re-do PB. I do know I have to pay more attention to just how much I am eating now that I am not able to be as active. I was eating way more protein than I needed for my size (5'3"; 120lbs) but enjoying every moment. I need to add more vegetables back in. I was a huge veggie eater, but had gone overboard with the meat at the expense of the crunchy reds, yellows and greens. Eat fat to be satiated. Don't confuse eating fat with eating meat. Two different things.

I grew cocky and lazy and ignored the backsliding until I was back to where I started. Yay, me.

Re-meet complete.
    Last edited by PHaselow; 11-18-2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: my husband didn't cheat on me... had to clarify! :)

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Ooops. I don't mean my husband was "cheating". I was cheating with non-Primal food.

Age 48
    5'3"
    121lbs

Henri Frederic Amiel

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post

Life took over. Chronic injury. Marital stress. "Cheating" rationalized and swept under the rug. Yesterday I realized I am back to my pre-July self minus the regular exercise. Weight is piling on because I cannot move quickly or lift heavy. Mood is going down because of what I just said (plus the sugar eaten).

So, I'm doing a re-meet. We are all allowed 1 re-meet. I read it in the Forum rules.

My name is Pam. I am 47 years old. I'm a chronic cardio survivor ready to make some long term changes to how I eat and how I feel. I'm always tired. Always blah. Rarely without sugar. Very easy for me to dump the grains and the gluten. Even the dairy. Very difficult for me to stop the sugar: Chocolate. Toffee. Frosting. Caramel. Confuse other feelings for hunger (tired? nope, hungry. Thirsty? Hunger. Happy? Hungry.)

I'm not sure just how to re-do PB. I do know I have to pay more attention to just how much I am eating now that I am not able to be as active. I was eating way more protein than I needed for my size (5'3"; 120lbs) but enjoying every moment. I need to add more vegetables back in. I was a huge veggie eater, but had gone overboard with the meat at the expense of the crunchy reds, yellows and greens. Eat fat to be satiated. Don't confuse eating fat with eating meat. Two different things.

I grew cocky and lazy and ignored the backsliding until I was back to where I started. Yay, me.

Re-meet complete.
    By my calculation, you have approximately another 38 years to make good. Average lifespan of a woman is 85 years ---- so, you've got another 38 years to get the eating right. Focus on finding happiness, and the rest will follow....including an eating plan that is right for you.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Hi, Pam, nice to re-meet you!

Is there any way you can reduce the stress in your life? It sounds like you're getting the chronic injury thing under control... how about the marital stress?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Hi, Pam, nice to re-meet you!

Is there any way you can reduce the stress in your life? It sounds like you're getting the chronic injury thing under control... how about the marital stress?
    Marital stress being handled with a good therapist and some old fashioned hard work. It will not be a quick process. 25 years to get to this point.

I also have a special needs child. That is stress all by itself. He's awesome, but Autism is tough! I admire him.

I used to keep on top of it all with exercise, which is one of the biggest reasons why my recent lack of activity gets me so frustrated. I need to find new ways to work out. I'm going to try swimming soon. In the past it has been so dang boring! The pool I would go to is saline or else I'd just avoid it.

Today was more of a veggie day. I wanted it light. Ate some crispy chicken skin that my husband was going to toss, so I got my fat. Yum

Thanks for the re-meet!

Age 48
    5'3"
    121lbs

Henri Frederic Amiel

Goldie is online now Senior Member
    Pam, you might want to try swimming as your sprints. That way it's not boring laps... sprint a lap, stop and breathe, do a slow lap, then sprint again. Six or eight sprint laps once a week would fit nicely into primal fitness, and you wouldn't be in the pool long enough to get bored. There's also water aerobics, if you're interested in trying that. I started swimming competitively at age 4, so the aerobics bit seems boring to me. For me, swimming laps is like meditation, just the water and breathing and thought is suspended. I find it restful.

There's also rowing, if you have access to a decent rower. You can both do sprints and move-slow-frequently on a rower, and it's easy to plug your ears into good music or an audio book when you're on a rower.

Other ideas... yoga, Pilates, tai chi are all low impact but good exercise. Your autistic son might also find something like tai chi interesting (or maybe not, but it's a thought.)

I hope you can work the marital stuff out. Hubby and I have been together for 25 years, too, but we both came from first marriages where the spouse cheated on us--so we're extra committed to keeping it good.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post

Life took over. Chronic injury. Marital stress. "Cheating" rationalized and swept under the rug. Yesterday I realized I am back to my pre-July self minus the regular exercise. Weight is piling on because I cannot move quickly or lift heavy. Mood is going down because of what I just said (plus the sugar eaten).

Re-meet complete.
    Hi Pam and nice to meet you. You certainly have a lot on your plate, I hope that you will be find that sticking to good primal eating will help you cope with it all.

dianneazuma54 is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What should I wear on an interview for an internship at an art gallery in Brooklyn?