Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooking for the week results / suggestions? page

Trau is offline Junior Member

Cooking for the week results / suggestions?

I had a great idea this weekend when my girlfriend and I had nothing to do on Sunday: we pooled our money and picked 3 entrees -- primalcotti, meatza and taco salad -- and cooked huge batches of them and packaged the leftovers for the week. Now every night when I get home from work, I've got a packaged primal dinner ready to rock.

Our recipes:
    Primalcotti: we loosely followed this recipe, but used it mostly for the crepes and added a TON of ground grass-fed beef: http://low--carb--recipe.blogspot.co...ti-recipe.html

Meatza: we followed this recipe for the crust, then topped with mozz, parm, kalamatas, ham cubes and onions: http://www.justinowings.com/b/index..../meatza-meatza

Taco Salad: we made oven roasted tomatillo lime salsa, seasoned some ground beef and chopped some lettuce/cilantro/red onion and are ripening some TJ avocados for easy assembly of a BAS.

Any suggestions of good refrigerator foods that could be made a few days in advance for next Sunday?

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    There was another thread on this recently -- anyone remember what it was called?

My additions included:

Beef/pork/chicken stew
    Primal chili
    Garlic pulled pork (recipe from the cookbook contest)
    Spaghetti sauce (no noodles, obviously, but lots of sausage and ground beef)
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member
    Yup- here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...g-for-the-Week

I stole your carne asada recipe from that thread, barbeygirl. It was DELISH.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabetesCanKissMyButt View Post
    I stole your carne asada recipe from that thread, barbeygirl. It was DELISH.
    Awesome -- glad you liked it!
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    I cook a crockpot full of chili early in the week and then eat it over the whole week. I've some on at home now.

batty is offline Senior Member
    i'll second the crock pot tip - every sunday, i throw in 5-6 lbs of roast or whatever's on sale at the store, just a few bits of onion, seasonings, and water, and let it cook all day. that way, you can switch up what you eat with it - whether its a BAS or any other side veggies.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

MattyD is offline Member
    Meatza's great, but a bit expensive. I find you don't need the parmezan cheese in the base, but adding a little cheddar and it's still really tasty. For any UK Grokkers, try using Gordon Ramsey's pasta sauces. The one I used was low carb, little/no additives and tasted great on the meatza, one jar made two meatzas. Yum.

Buy a cheap crockpot and make a roast/chilli/curry that will give 5/6 portions, I have that a lot for dinner but you can leave it in the fridge for the next day and eat a BAS with some fish or something. It's really flexible.

My primal curry:

Cut around 3-5 chicken breasts (3 if you are using fillers like nuts) into small chunks and mix in some curry paste (the hotter the better as the cream cancels out some of the spice)
    Throw in some onions and lazy garlic and lazy chilli peppers. Salt and Pepper are great, mab
    Two small tubs of heavy full fat cream or coconut milk, (or a mixture of the two, c milk is dear)
    Add some nuts, cashew are my favourite, but almonds work great too.
    Fire it on for 3-6 hours.

Prep time around 10 minutes.

Makes about 4/5 bowls of curry for me.

PS Sometimes I chuck in some frozen veg (I'm a poor student). Makes it easy to prep a meal that you can take to work/uni, and easy to heat up after the gym or if you're in a rush!

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    I love doing chili, i usually make 2 weeks worth and put it in the freezer in serving sized containers, put it on the counter the night before and by lunch it's thawed enough for an easy reheat.

chickprimal is offline Member
    I love all these ideas but am curious about the chili mentioned. What do you sub for the beans???

Big Dave is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by chickprimal View Post
    I love all these ideas but am curious about the chili mentioned. What do you sub for the beans???
    Yes, I am interested also! I love Chili.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast