Thread: LDL, Apo B, and Liver Enzymes page

Bholdburg is offline Junior Member

LDL, Apo B, and Liver Enzymes

Shop Now
    Hey guys,

My wife just got her Wellness FX results back. She is 27, 5'1 and 115 lbs and a former pro athlete.

Here are her numbers and I wanted to get your thoughts:

Total Cholesterol: 348
    LDL-C: 229
    HDL-C:108
    Triglycerides: 55
    vLDL-C: 11
    LP(a): 1
    Apo B: 170

Alanine aminotransferase: 80 (Supposed to be under 40)
    Aspartate aminotransferase: 43 (Supposed to be under 32)
    BUN/Creatinine Ratio: 26 (Supposed to be under 26) Dehydration??

Any thoughts would be appreciated! I love her HDL, Triglycerides, and vLDL, but the the Apo B and total LDL concern me.

She has been on the mostly green side of the bulletproof diet for about 6-7 months.

Bump

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I have similar numbers last time I checked. I have been reading info from Chris Kresser. He has a High Cholesterol Action plan for sale. I think it's around $100, but it's pretty comprehensive. A lot of the info is available elsewhere, but you have to kinda dig around.

Before you do anything else, I think it would make sense to check thyroid hormones, especially T3. If thyroid is low, LDL receptors will be downregulated. Sometimes on a Paleo diet people can become iodine deficient due to the lack of iodized salt. You want to make sure you are getting sufficient selenium too before you start iodine supplementation:
    The benefits of selenium in treating autoimmune thyroid conditions.

With regards to hypothyroidism, I see that it can be linked to high LDL, elevated liver enzymes, and possible fibromyalgia. She has chronic back pain that has shifted to shoulder pain, wrist, and knee pain. She also describes feeling tired after climbing a flight of stairs. Her TSH test came back at 2.59 which is in the normal range.

She also finds her ring finger swollen some mornings to where she cant remove her ring.

grokina is offline Member
    Even at 1.67TSH I felt terrible. Other recent lab values indicated 3.44 TSH in a range going up to 5 (Canada). A few weeks ago I could barely walk down the street sometimes, then I found a kindly physician who is treating my symptoms. Also, my T3 and T4 were quite low, but still "normal." Maybe she can get those checked as well? I understand the range in America (College of Endocrinologists) goes up to 3 instead of 5. Good luck.

Rueben is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bholdburg View Post
    With regards to hypothyroidism, I see that it can be linked to high LDL, elevated liver enzymes, and possible fibromyalgia. She has chronic back pain that has shifted to shoulder pain, wrist, and knee pain. She also describes feeling tired after climbing a flight of stairs. Her TSH test came back at 2.59 which is in the normal range.

She also finds her ring finger swollen some mornings to where she cant remove her ring.
    2.59 is too high especially if she has those symptoms. Tsh should be under 1 if thyroid is working optimally. Find another doctor, preferably an "integrative" doctor.

At the very least she needs further testing including thyroid antibodies tga and tpo, free t3 and free t4.

The normal range is bollocks and means there are millions of people walking around with untreated thyroid disease.

Also a good doctor will check her adrenal function and fix this first.
    Check out leaky gut..
    Start supplementing with vitamin d, mg, selenium, zinc and iodine. Do not take synthroid unless doctor checks out whether she is converting t4 to t3... but hopefully it's a nutritional deficiency that you can fix through supplementing.

Also check out all this doctors YouTube videos. He is awsome
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread67241.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bholdburg View Post

2.59 is too high especially if she has those symptoms. Tsh should be under 1 if thyroid is working optimally. Find another doctor, preferably an "integrative" doctor.

At the very least she needs further testing including thyroid antibodies tga and tpo, free t3 and free t4.

The normal range is bollocks and means there are millions of people walking around with untreated thyroid disease.

Also a good doctor will check her adrenal function and fix this first.
    Check out leaky gut..
    Start supplementing with vitamin d, mg, selenium, zinc and iodine. Do not take synthroid unless doctor checks out whether she is converting t4 to t3... but hopefully it's a nutritional deficiency that you can fix through supplementing.