Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agitation For Change One Comment Card at a Time.... page

Agitation For Change One Comment Card at a Time....

Shop Now
    The post about the crappy pork choices offered at Whole Foods got me to thinking- do we as a community make our voice heard enough? Most Whole Foods' have suggestion boxes. Do you ever fill it out, suggesting they ad full fat dairy choices, non vegetable oil roasted or fried items, grass fed organ meat, ect? Do you ask the meat counter guy where they keep the duck fat, even though you know they don't sell it? I think if everybody in the paleo, primal, and crossfit communities made a concerted effort to pester and prod we might actually see some results. There really are enough of us now that if we just made our presence known they'd start paying attention to us.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I hassle Whole Foods all the time. Everything has soy in it (tomato sauce in a jar - I couldn't find one w/out soy or canola oil). I think my WF has duck fat, but no goat. Ambiguously labelled eggs. GMO tofu - which I don't eat of course, but I'm looking out for those poor misguided vegans.

Honestly, I'm not sure what WF's mission is anymore. Is it to provide a real alternative to the common grocery store, or to pretend to provide one?

Grok is offline Senior Member
    You didn't look hard enough, I can find olive oil based tomato sauce pretty easily, even outside of Whole Foods.

Paleobird Guest
    I vote with my feet and my cash when I shop at Sprouts instead of Whole paycheck. And I do a lot of my shopping at Vons too where, as Grok says, you can find a good tomato sauce that is perfectly Primal if you are willing to read a few labels. Wolfgang Puck has a very good line of sauces that are Primal perfect.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 11-16-2012 at 10:51 PM.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The assumption that I didn't "read a few labels," or spend enough time is ludicrous. Unless you're both speaking aboout the WF on Magazine in New Orleans, please don't make assumptions. Different stores stock different things based on the the area in which they are located. And to assume that everyone is fortunate enough to have the variety of California is to wear blinders. If I had a dollar for everytime I tried to spend money in my community and then had to order online because something was simply unavailable here, I'd have a few dollars. To be a tourist here is not anything like living here. IOW, until you walk in my shoes....

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Back to the original comment question. I have found myself asking for higher fat products to be available from the service that I order veggies, dairy and eggs from. They will bring it in for me, but they say that they just don't see the demand to offer it on a regular basis. This movement tends to be word of mouth, and often you have to hear about it on several occasions to start to investigate it for yourself. I say put in as many comment cards that you have time for.
    --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    This is a good idea. I should drop a few comment cards in there to ask them where the heck is the organ meat! I think their pork is pretty good at my whole foods. But I do have to admit that since I found my local ethnic meat market where nothing is grass-fed but everything is delicious and affordable (and you can buy a pig head and goat meat), I no longer bother with trying to eat like I can afford living in the 'bu.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Everything has soy in it (tomato sauce in a jar - I couldn't find one w/out soy or canola oil).
    The no-fat one has no soy or canola oil in it!

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I vote with my feet and my cash when I shop at Sprouts instead of Whole paycheck.
    I am also a huge fan of Sprouts! I get the majority of my meat there now, with an occasional meat sale at Whole Foods or livers drawing me back every once in a while.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    bertoli's sauce at walmart (or where ever else it's sold) has some flavors made with their olive oil

now whether or not it's real olive oil is anyone's guess

i don't think the places i shop have suggestion boxes o.O
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast