Justthefactsmaam is offline Junior Member

Just the journal

Hello.

Weight: 285
    Height: 5'4"
    Sex: Female
    Children: No.
    Marital status: Single
    Sexual Orientation: Straight, for whatever that's worth, which is negligible. Just putting it out there.
    Career: Yes. A normal one. Stress and blah blah blah not a-typical.
    Home owner: Yes. Marginally. Money is always tight. It's a struggle. Whatever.
    Pets: 2 dogs. Retrievers.

Notable health issues: Eh. Whatever anyone else notes, but about 15 or 20 years early. Diabetic, but fighting it off--it's all over my mother's side, so I come by it honestly but too early in life and could have probably been avoided. High blood pressure, well-controlled--runs on my father's side very persistently and very strong, so I come by that honestly. Rotator cuff stuff, but whatever, it's fine at the moment. A creaky ankle from an old break. And I won't be giving up my depression meds any time soon--avoided them for 25 years, but it seems they work, so I'm going with it.

Primal status: Grains are far fewer than the general public--I call them "incidental"--breading, bechamel, thickeners, occasional treat.

Primal goals: I will be working on continuing to reduce grains to the point of near elimination, reducing "fake" food to near zero, improving quality of intentional oils, and eating more vegetables and fruits.

Note: I have tried and failed at the Primal thing a number of times. But, hey, I quit smoking over and over for 20 years before I got that right, so I don't feel too badly about giving this another go.

Today:

The good... lots of cauliflower, a pear, some nuts and raisins, ate a salad.

The bad... Velveeta on that cauliflower. Next time, just mashed with milk and pepper. Because, you know, I'm out of velveeta...

The ugly... Pear and nuts was under-packing on lunch, and I caved to a serving of cafeteria nuggets.

Tomorrow:

I will be gardening, so that's good exercise. Need to go in to work for a few hours, need to pay bills. Other than that, I will be having a pretty active day.

Goals tomorrow: Good food, gardening exercise, and walk the old-man dog.

Thanks for reading,

--Justthefacts

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! You can do it this time!

Do you eat any meat? You don't absolutely have to if you eat eggs and/or dairy. But it is hard.

Good luck!!!
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Hello again.

Weight: Still 285

Yesterday:

The good... Better food choices.

The bad... Too much food!

The ugly... No exercise--glued to computer. Dogs unwalked, gardening ungardened.

Today:

If I get outside at all, I will consider it a great success.

Thanks for reading.

Hello, hello.

Weight: Still 285

Yesterday:

The good... Good food choices. Vegetable-laden soups, some cheese.

The bad... Still too much, and alcohol calories.

The ugly... The dogs got to play fetch and chase each other a bit, but no walks. Poor dogs.

The fair-to-middlin'... Did get out in the yard a bit, got some perennials planted that had been hanging around. Today, bulbs and mulch in the hour before sunset, if I get home with an hour to spare, that is (I should).

Not gonna promise much else... not gonna do it... got a lot of work to do tonight, both housework and work-work.

I'll tell you the next ugly ahead of time: I am in charge of pie baking. Three pumpkin, and I think I'm going to bake a cream pie, too. They will absolutely, positively have the best homemade crusts known to... well, at least to me and my immediate circle, because I'm the only one that bakes (and damn, I'm good).

*sigh*

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist2 View Post
    Welcome! You can do it this time!

Do you eat any meat? You don't absolutely have to if you eat eggs and/or dairy. But it is hard.

Good luck!!!
    Thanks for the good luck wish. I do eat meat! I feel better and eat less when I do veggies and fruits first, I think. But definitely an omnivore.