Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I fasted for 4 days!!! page

Ripped is offline Senior Member

I fasted for 4 days!!!

Primal Fuel
    I fasted 4 days so far this week. I wanted to do 6, but I think I might break the fast tonight.

I wouldn't ever recommend this to someone who is extremely active or lean or light weight. But I definitely think it was a good thing in my case since I was carrying a few extra lbs (and still am). I only lost about 8 lbs in which my bet is that most of it is water and perhaps a few lbs of fat.

The thing I liked best about the fast is the same thing that I liked about intermittent fasting. It gives you some time away from food in which you can take your time to think about food and what you would like to eat once you break the fast. In my experience, if you're smart about it, it brings on creativity to think of some good ideas for meal plans. And it also brings back appreciation of food and satiety from meals, and for some reason it makes it feel like you fill up a lot quicker. And those are all good things.

LOL! Anyways, I guess I'm just bragging a bit. Take care folks!

Commander Quan is offline Junior Member
    Nice job. My longest is just over 48 hours, I'm not sure if it's possible to get bored of not eating, but that's pretty much what led to me breaking my fast.

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    At what point were you the hungriest?

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Good job! My longest was only 48 also. Seemed like 480 I tend to gain it back, or most of it, but I think it is still good for housekeeping purposes. I think also it might have been due to my food choices, though primal and all.

Good job!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    At what point were you the hungriest?
    The whole fast was easy because I was sick for a few days and wasn't doing much. I didn't get hungry until today when I went to the market to look at food, out of boredom. I felt better and it was a nice day.

So honestly I feel like I could go longer if I wanted to. It seems the only hunger I feel is because I love to eat yummy food! Other than that its all about how much storage fat you have. I seem to have plenty of that.

Jareddame is offline Member
    I once got lost in the sticks and didn't eat for about 48 hours ... but would never do anything like that on purpose .... my fasting usually goes for 17-19 hours max as I have read that seems to be a good time frame for fasting.

Fitness Wayne is offline Senior Member
    Damn, 4 days?!? Very impressive. My longest fast was 32 hours. It wasn't hard so I am pretty sure that I could go 48 hours but now that I am down to 9% body fat I don't want to fast too long.

Paleobird Guest
    A bunch of us did a four day one a couple of months back. It was fun.

Fasting Challenge Next Week

I would say the hungriest day was the first full one with no food. After that it got easy. The hardest thing to do was to figure out what to do with all the extra time on my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Good job! My longest was only 48 also. Seemed like 480 I tend to gain it back, or most of it, but I think it is still good for housekeeping purposes. I think also it might have been due to my food choices, though primal and all.

Good job!
    I agree and that is exactly why I did it. Fasting is the fastest method for fat loss. And while there definitely is more ideal diet approaches for the long term, I am sure that fasting can lend itself more ideal for the short term in certain circumstances.

I was at home sick in bed all this week. And its much easier for me to fast when I don't have anything to do. So I figured I'd be stupid not to take advantage of the time and fast while I can. Because I don't like to fast when I am busy at work!

So the way I see it is that its just another tool in the box and you can use it from time to time if necessary. Heck, for that reason I know I should have continued on 2 more days in order to make it 6, but I started to get a little hungry!

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitness Wayne View Post
    Damn, 4 days?!? Very impressive. My longest fast was 32 hours. It wasn't hard so I am pretty sure that I could go 48 hours but now that I am down to 9% body fat I don't want to fast too long.
    I don't think it would hurt. I suppose it depends on your strategy. Personally, I lost 50 lbs and kept it off. And I did it by going through short periods of fat loss (say several weeks to lose 10 lbs) followed by very long periods of maintenance such as a year. I know thats a long time to get the job done, but on the other hand there isn't a lot of people out there who manage to keep off what they've lost. (But I hear here A LOT of success stories!!!)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast