Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I fasted for 4 days!!! page 4

bostonwolf is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Good job. I plan on fasting after my workout tomorrow night. Should help me truly appreciate Thanksgiving dinner!
    ----------
    Primal since August 2012. CW: 317.
    1/8/13: 303.5 | 2/12/13: 298.5 | 2/26/13 295 | 3/07/2013 291.5

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Well, I've read and I've read and I've read. Am I smarter? Nope....my eyes hurt.

I'm getting that fasting is good for the body, cleans it out etc. Not sure I'm getting what is best time wise though. One says just eating once a day, 3 day fasts etc etc

Anyone have the Reader's Digest version of what's best.

I fasted yesterday. I had supper the nite before and I did not eat until 8:30 last nite. I thought about sticking it out over nite but wasn't sure. Had a couple of venison sausages (spicy) and 1/3 cup of turnips. Like I said, could have gone longer, but is it better? I'm not going to eat until tonite again. I'm going to have to change the time to earlier as I can't NOT be at the table with the family. Important time in our home to talk.

On another note, I've been eating Primal for a bit now. My carb intake is really low, (I track my food daily) I thought I'd be in Ketosis but according to Ketostix I'm neutral????????? I've tested in the morning as I've read that you mostly go into Ketosis at nite while sleeping.
    Last edited by ez2cy; 11-20-2012 at 04:59 AM.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

bump

Anyone?
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

sjmc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    bump

Anyone?
    Give this a read How to Implement Fasting | Mark's Daily Apple

One of the earlier parts of the series probably has a good explanation of autophagy als

ty sjmc

good reading
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Well, I've read and I've read and I've read. Am I smarter? Nope....my eyes hurt.

I'm getting that fasting is good for the body, cleans it out etc. Not sure I'm getting what is best time wise though. One says just eating once a day, 3 day fasts etc etc

Anyone have the Reader's Digest version of what's best.

I fasted yesterday. I had supper the nite before and I did not eat until 8:30 last nite. I thought about sticking it out over nite but wasn't sure. Had a couple of venison sausages (spicy) and 1/3 cup of turnips. Like I said, could have gone longer, but is it better? I'm not going to eat until tonite again. I'm going to have to change the time to earlier as I can't NOT be at the table with the family. Important time in our home to talk.

On another note, I've been eating Primal for a bit now. My carb intake is really low, (I track my food daily) I thought I'd be in Ketosis but according to Ketostix I'm neutral????????? I've tested in the morning as I've read that you mostly go into Ketosis at nite while sleeping.
    You have to take the information for what its worth and use your best judgement to apply that knowledge to your own situation.

I would say just choose the meal frequency that feels right for you. Personally I like 2 meals per day the best, for me.

Multi day fasts aren't really too pleasant, but I've been experimenting with it as just another tool in the box to aid in fat loss. It isn't necessary, but I have found it to help.

Additionally, I probably wouldn't recommend multi day fasting for anyone who is a little bit older. And there is a good reason for that too. They don't have the hormones to build, maintain, or gain back muscle like the younger folks will. So I would simply say, if it affects strength, don't do it. A day at most is probably more realistic in most situations.

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    By the way folks,
    I do think the results from the fast were good. 4 days isn't long enough to burn a real lot of fat, but I did show improvements in energy levels after the fast.

Anyone remember reading about the study they did with the worm? They would take the food away until it began to lose weight. Then they'd give it food again and it would become VERY energenic! Thats what seemed to happen to me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234