Thread: Suspension Training page

Polarisman is offline Junior Member

Suspension Training

Primal Fuel
    Having recently read about TRX, I became interested in suspension training, which is bodyweight training using adjustable straps.

I later found out about how to make a DIY version through this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES5GN...layer_embedded

I have to say that I am extremely pleased with both the suspension trainer I have made and the workouts I am getting from it.

The number of exercises possible with this thing is mind boggling. The TRX people claim that there are over 300 different exercises one can do with it.

Is anyone else here using either TRX or some other suspension training system that would like to share their experiences?

Regards,

Mitchell
    Last edited by Polarisman; 04-12-2010 at 02:06 PM.

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    I purchased one since I travel frequently for work. Concentrating more on puling movements, need to explore more exercises.
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

twinmama is offline Senior Member
    I am SOOOOOOO Getting this system in the next few months! I just resonate with this style of workout. It looks more like play than workout... but it also looks like you can get an excellent workout!!!!

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    I need to dig out my DVD's that came with it and try a full workout, this thread has motivated me to utilize it more!
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

MerryMac is offline Junior Member
    I realize that this thread is several years old, but I am only now looking into the suspension trainer thing. Does anyone here still use theirs? Has it been an effective method of strength training? Any insight would be appreciated.

Heyo Jay is offline Senior Member
    There are free TRX sessions at my gym and I sometimes watch for a fee minutes. Looks fun and they incorporate free weights into whatever they are doing too.
    My interesting paleo weight loss blog