Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help me with keto macronutrient ratios for 2 people :) page 2

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    That does seem a bit high on the protein. And yes, I think the jury is still out on the points made in that link above.

I usually stay with 70/25/5.

Mark's recommendation of aprox .7gr pro/lb lean body mass is pretty solid IMO. So if you figure your upper limit of carbs and protein that way, then you just fill in the remainder with fat.

Yeah, I agree. I don't know where it will put your protein %, but if you use Marks recs your likely to be getting enough to retain lean mass.....which is really the big thing when your losing weight.

thex1138 is offline Junior Member
    Hmm okay I think I'm gunna go 100g protein, 10-30g carb, and about 150g+ of fat. Does that seem like it would be good? No gluconeogenesis should happen with that right?

Bump :P

Quote Originally Posted by thex1138 View Post
    Hmm okay I think I'm gunna go 100g protein, 10-30g carb, and about 150g+ of fat. Does that seem like it would be good? No gluconeogenesis should happen with that right?
    Sounds fine as a starting point. Really I think you just need to make meat the center piece of the meal and eat greens till your content. Throw everything you eat into fitday or whatever and guage your results for 2-4 weeks. Review your results and make changes as necessary. Whatever you do, just get started!

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Sounds fine as a starting point. Really I think you just need to make meat the center piece of the meal and eat greens till your content. Throw everything you eat into fitday or whatever and guage your results for 2-4 weeks. Review your results and make changes as necessary. Whatever you do, just get started!
    Right on man. 100g of protein it is

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The great thing about keto and relying on protein and fat as your primary fuel source is that it is inherently satiating and satisfying. That is you can eat till your completely content with little fear of overindulging. So you actually don't have to micromanage the calories consumed. They tend to work themselves out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12