Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it ok to go to bed hungry? page

reallygravity is offline Senior Member

Is it ok to go to bed hungry?

Primal Fuel
    For the past few weeks, I have been eating between 9am - 11am. It is a big meal, with a lot of fat, vegetables, protein, and one fruit.

I begin to start feeling hungry again around 7pm-ish, but it is not a hunger where I want to eat right away. Sometimes it is around 9.30ish that I feel real hunger again, but by then, I would have already wrapped up things around the house, cleaned the kitchen, picked up toys, etc. What I mean is, call it a day and go to bed. I do fine sleeping--and wake up with a ton of energy.

So is it CW to think that it is not ok to go to bed hungry?

Thanks in advance...

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Everyone must go to bed hungry when they misbehave. And they should endure a spanking as well.

No, seriously, there is nothing wrong with going to bed hungry. I will do that to get through a 23 hour fast. Better to sleep through the last hours of the fast than white-knuckle my way through those hours awake. I will then often wake up in the morning not feeling hungry at all.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Haha sbhikes.

My concern is, if this is daily affair. Looks like I have 24 hour fast everyday, ah?!

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    what are your goals?

personally, i eat when i'm hungry. i eat all the time. but i might have different goals than you do

and what results are you having? are you feeling run down? totally starving? no energy for workouts? etc losing too much weight (its a legit question)?

Thats the strange part? (Or its not strange?!). I feel great. Unlimited energy--for regular life and for workouts.

I am losing weight...around a pound every two weeks. Trying to get rid of some jiggle.

I know, I know. Why mess with something that feels fine? I just want to make sure. At one point, CW also seemed fine.

Darz is offline Senior Member
    Unless you have some metabolic problem then eat whenever you want - it's not a matter of being ok or not, just do what it feels best, though it seems to me you are trying to force a fast by neglecting those hunger signs.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    is there a particular reason you've gone to only eating 1 meal per day? personally, i'd suggest splitting in to at least 2 meals a day. although i know it works for a lot of people, the 1 meal a day thing seems forced to me.

are you new to paleo? something i've noticed over the years is that new people tend to jump in full force, gung ho style, and have great success at first, but then hit a wall and find themselves struggling. this might be working for you now, but may not be in a month or two for any number of reasons. when it isn't, i hope you are with it enough to make changes and continue with your success

Thanks Darz and not-on-the-rug.

I have been eating paleo/ primal for the past year now.

I am going to think about what everyone said--and see if I need to make any changes. Thanks!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I went to bed hungry every.single.night when I started out "dieting" CW way. Then I discovered Primal & more satiating foods and fats. I also got to a point of one meal a day, but I made it my evening meal. I didnt really plan it that way, but it worked out and I wasnt going to bed hungry. Then once my feet hit the floor the next morning, I just stayed busy and didnt think about it until dinner time.

I dont really do that anymore, though sometimes it still works out that way.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reallygravity View Post
    Thats the strange part? (Or its not strange?!). I feel great. Unlimited energy--for regular life and for workouts.

I am losing weight...around a pound every two weeks. Trying to get rid of some jiggle.

I know, I know. Why mess with something that feels fine? I just want to make sure. At one point, CW also seemed fine.
    I should have added this to my reply and is the reason I said, don't fix what is working for you. If you are feeling fine, meeting your goals, then nothing wrong with it.

If however, you really are unhappy and hungry, there is no reason to torture yourself either. Try eating a little snack. There is nothing that says you can't eat at 9:30pm (at least I dont think so) so long as it does not interfere with your sleep. You might have to experiment around to figure out what that snack is. And if you are afraid of messing up the kitchen, have something prepared ahead of time.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast