Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Normal?--Going carb crazy even with a little bit of carbs? page 4

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Timthetaco..... pizza comesss with a ton of fat. the other stuff, notsomuch.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Timthetaco Guest
    Maple syrup isn't fatty, but it was the satiating element of the meal of pancakes I ate. Either way, I stand by my statement that most cheat meals should be pizza.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    My typical daily diet while hiking the Pacific Crest Trail:
    Cookies or an oat-based granola/breakfast bar
    Candy or cookies
    Crackers with hummus
    Cookies or candy
    Half a bag of Cheeze-its
    Pasta with cheese powder and chunks of cheese and once a week, some tuna
    A large bag of Haribo gummy bears or a king-sized candy bar of some sort

Eating this way for 6 months truly damaged me. I could no longer function normally in a nutritional sense. I could not maintain a normal weight on a normal volume of food. I could not get the ravenous hunger to go away even a year later. Exercise did not help. My blood panels sucked and my doctor was threatening statins on me.

I don't think sugar is very healthy.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    Maple syrup isn't fatty, but it was the satiating element of the meal of pancakes I ate. Either way, I stand by my statement that most cheat meals should be pizza.
    Why cheat when you can have meatza or coconut flour based crust....that way you get to have your bacon and eat it too.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    My typical daily diet while hiking the Pacific Crest Trail:
    Cookies or an oat-based granola/breakfast bar
    Candy or cookies
    Crackers with hummus
    Cookies or candy
    Half a bag of Cheeze-its
    Pasta with cheese powder and chunks of cheese and once a week, some tuna
    A large bag of Haribo gummy bears or a king-sized candy bar of some sort
    lol there are plenty of things wrong with that list of foods and it's not sugar! note, everything I eat contains no additives that stress the digestive system or are known to cause any intense allergic reaction. Imported gummy bears contain no dyes, and they don't invoke any bad reactions in me. haagen daz contains only 5 ingredients. only thing that bothers me is the "natural flavors" in mexi coke, but I don't let it get to me too much as I can drink it and feel just fine.

I get under 4g of polyunsaturated fat a day.

I think you are lucky if you can eat all that sugar..... i do have a lot of friends who eat like that...... mostly men. Mostly under 35.

If it is stress...... i'm pretty damn laid back and eliminating crap made weight fall of while allowing for fruit etc.

I don't know many women over 35 that eat a lot of sugar and are not fat.
    Without a lab test it's hard to tell exactly what's going on. Many people in general are rather unhealthy and it's not the sugar making them that way. With compromised health it would be easy to gain weight on anything. With a high fat/protein diet comes reduced appetite(symptoms of hypothryoidism) so overeating is rather difficult and thus you will drop weight.

When I was on a very low carb diet, my appetite was really bad. I was struggling to eat over 1k calories and for a man of my age and height that's really bad. I was shedding weight I couldn't afford to lose and just felt horrible all around.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 11-18-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    lol there are plenty of things wrong with that list of foods and it's not sugar! \
    Seriously....don't the Peatophiles have their own forum to spew fallacies on? There is no evolutionary argument that validates your statements about sugar.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reallygravity View Post
    By carbs, I dont mean the ones from vegetables. I mean the carbs from bread and sweets.

I have been eating primal for about a year now. I am doing very very well on it. The problem arises when I indulge (it only takes a piece of cake or a bowl of ice-cream). Somehow, it takes another week to get back to normalcy. A whole week passes where all I want is sugary and carby stuff. And yap, I end up eating it.

Is this normal, or it is a "willpower" situation? I must admit that I am not aiming to be a 100% Primal for the rest of my life. Those who eat 80/20 (where your 20 percent may be the "bad" stuff), how do you bounce back?

just remember that this is what dependency feels like -- an addiction -- and it's bloody hard to kick. Ask a smoker 20 years after quitting, how strong the desire is for a cigarette with their morning coffee --- they'll tell you --- it's always there. The desire for a cigarette never disappears. Think about how long you (we) have been consuming processed sugars and wheat --- and it's going to take a very dedicated strong individual to consciously say: No More (moar). This is an addiction, and to believe it's anything less than that is to under estimate its power. Use whatever self-control or strategic planning you can to avoid the times when you know you will be vulnerable. We are waging war against refined wheats, grains and sugars -- and no one ever promised that it would be easy. /Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Seriously....don't the Peatophiles have their own forum to spew fallacies on? There is no evolutionary argument that validates your statements about sugar.
    haha get a load of this guy

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Evolutionary....ancestral....traditional......just cause these data sets don't jive with your personal dietary preference doesn't invalidate them. And, like it or not Primal is based on a combination of this epidemiological evidence along with biochemical science. If you wish to base your assertions strictly on cherry picked papers from biochemistry that's fine by me. But, my view is a bit broader. Either way why don't you just revive the danny roddy sugar thread so we can keep all this stuff in the same place?

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Haribo: Original Gold Bears Gummi Candy, 5 oz

Ingredients:

Corn Syrup, Sugar, Gelatin, Dextrose, Citric Acid, Starch, Artificial and Natural Flavors, Fractionated Coconut Oil, Carnauba Wax, Beeswax Coating, Artificial Colors: Fd & C No. 5, Red No. 40, Blue No. 1.

Haribo: Original Gold Bears Gummi Candy, 5 oz

Just ano dude with time to kill?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast