Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Normal?--Going carb crazy even with a little bit of carbs? page 3

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I eat as much sugar as I want, and consequently do not crave or overeat anything with sugar in it.
    When you say "you eat as much sugar as you want" do you mean that you eat as much fruit and "natural" sources as you want or do you mean you just eat as much processed sugar- cookies, ice cream, cake, jolly ranchers that you want?

As much "natural sugar as I want" is a couple pieces of fruit a day. However, if I allow myself "processed sugar" well, I will do shit like drink coffee with two tablespoons for breakfast, half a bad of candy bars, and ice cream for dessert. I can believe my body needs the fruit. I have a hard time fathoming that the second scenario is anything but an unhealthy addiction and not about my body needing the sugar.....

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    When you say "you eat as much sugar as you want" do you mean that you eat as much fruit and "natural" sources as you want or do you mean you just eat as much processed sugar- cookies, ice cream, cake, jolly ranchers that you want?

As much "natural sugar as I want" is a couple pieces of fruit a day. However, if I allow myself "processed sugar" well, I will do shit like drink coffee with two tablespoons for breakfast, half a bad of candy bars, and ice cream for dessert. I can believe my body needs the fruit. I have a hard time fathoming that the second scenario is anything but an unhealthy addiction and not about my body needing the sugar.....
    I eat tons of fruit. Tropical, dates, orange juice, sugar in my coffee, mexican coke and even eat haagen daz ice cream. Also, I like to eat imported haribo gummy bears from time to time. I don't touch cookies, cake, garbage candy bars and the like.

Got ya. I can't eat that amount of sugar (juice, coke, haagen daz) and expect to be a healthy weight.

Paleobird Guest
    Magnolia, you are having a cyber-convo with a person who, in addition to tons of processed sugar, also professes to ingest thirty cups of coffee a day on a regular basis. I'm not sure why someone who treats their body that way would even spend time on a Primal site in the first place.

Reminds me of Barefoot G going on about how meat is gross and bread is great.

Timthetaco Guest
    Interesting thing I've noticed while I've been on my junk food diet these past couple weeks - refined wheat and sugar (probably moreso the wheat) are not satiating at all. One day I ate 700 calories of french toast at a restaurant and followed it up with two enormous pancakes because I didn't feel like I should stop eating. Another interesting fact, I had that same short stack of pancakes with maple syrup instead of corn syrup a week later, and I didn't feel the need to eat anything more.

Just thought I'd relay that interesting anecdote.

It's also worth mentioning that when I devour the fuck out of a pizza, like tonight, it satisfies me, and it doesn't lead to further cravings. So I guess the lesson here is to make most of your cheat meals pizza.

Because pizza is amazing.
    Last edited by Timthetaco; 11-17-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Got ya. I can't eat that amount of sugar (juice, coke, haagen daz) and expect to be a healthy weight.
    You'd be surprised. It's more about keeping your stress levels down and your thyroid happy.

Magnolia, you are having a cyber-convo with a person who, in addition to tons of processed sugar, also professes to ingest thirty cups of coffee a day on a regular basis. I'm not sure why someone who treats their body that way would even spend time on a Primal site in the first place.

Reminds me of Barefoot G going on about how meat is gross and bread is great.
    Yeah, my poor, poor body. I'm 6'3 and 155lbs, and although leanness doesn't equate to being healthy I feel fantastic. I don't bother stressing about what I eat and cover all nutritional basis with little supplements by eating whatever I want and as much as I want.

Weren't you the same person who was absolutely crushed in a debate about sugar(this same basic way of eating) before by several different people? I figured you'd have learned by now.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Weren't you the same person who was absolutely crushed in a debate about sugar(this same basic way of eating) before by several different people? I figured you'd have learned by now.
    I think the better question is, why are you on a Primal website and promoting how wonderful and healthy it is to eat a bunch of processed sugar at will? Many people turn to this lifestyle because they have serious health issues, ie, metabolic syndrome, and they come here because they want to better their lives and break old habits, like eating processed foods and sugar. Many people here got to the point of having metabolic syndrome because they ate whatever and as much as they wanted. That methodology might work for you, but I would say that it probably doesn't work for a very large percentage of people on this earth. Most folks have to watch the quality and intake of their foods in order to remain healthy. You are giving bad advice.

Seems kinda insensitive to me to be coming to a site like this and talking about how wonderful sugar is and how you get to eat as much as you want to, especially considering the fact that so many people here struggle with moderating their intake of sugar and processed foods.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Why are you indulging on tasteless crap?
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Then you definitely have other issues going on. Carbohydrates are just an organic compound, and you don't think it's unnatural that your body reacts to it in such a poor way whereas mine doesn't?
    Genetic variation easily accounts for why one person can easily handle sugars and others can't. My ancestors had little access to fruit and, as a result, it appears I do not tolerate it well. I'm talking mangoes and bananas, here. Berries and apples, avocados and the like are fine. Every body is designed uniquely, look to your own personal ancestors for what to eat.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

I think you are lucky if you can eat all that sugar..... i do have a lot of friends who eat like that...... mostly men. Mostly under 35.

If it is stress...... i'm pretty damn laid back and eliminating crap made weight fall of while allowing for fruit etc.

I don't know many women over 35 that eat a lot of sugar and are not fat.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast