Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Normal?--Going carb crazy even with a little bit of carbs? page 12

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    I'm not going to have an argument with someone who has bought the gospel of Ray Peat hook line and sinker. Just not worth it.

Go drink your Coca Cola and eat your gummi bears and chill out, girl.

I really don't know why you even bother to post here. You remind me of Barefoot Gentile and his sandwich threads.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 11-27-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I have nothing to say and I'm trying to save face. Someone else please come argue with this person on the internet so I can do what I do best which is fling shit comments from the safety of the side.
    The summary of your post. And, I'd rather trip on acid and down some aspirin pills. Could still formulate a better argument than "your brain is fat, therefore you need dietary fat". I'll be sure to relay that message to my friend who has a fat belly as well. Feed the fat.

No idea who that is, but if I remind you of him then you must have had similar responses to this person as well. If he's a sandwich advocate, that's even more humorous.
    nihil

Paleobird Guest
    Then there was that Jim Hensen guy who kept advocating wheat consumption was good for you. Equally puzzling as to why he was here.

We're public servants. We're all also the same exact person. Blew your mind, didn't I?
    nihil

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    We're public servants. We're all also the same exact person. Blew your mind, didn't I?
    That's sweet of you. And I wouldn't doubt for a minute that the three of you were the same desperate person having some irrational need to bang your virtual head against the Primal wall.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    The, OMG, I just have to have a cookie or I am going to die, feeling is either a metabolism that is not fully fat adapted and therefor still having blood sugar roller-coaster rides, or else it is a mental craving (comfort food). Some would argue that it is sugar addiction talking. .
    Paleobird, it could be gliadin addiction from the dwarf hybrid wheat talking. William Davis wrote about it in Wheat Belly, and David Kessler wrote about it in The End of Overeating. This new wheat binds to dopamine receptors so you want to eat more, like every three hours. Maybe that's how "six small meals" wormed its way into CW. It's a mild addiction made legitimate.

The cravings aspect of your "carb sensitivity" spectrum could be referring more specifically to modern glutens and/or simple sugars, not just carbs in general. Of course the other sensitivies -- allergies acne GERD insulin etc -- have their own spectrum. And different people are more or less susceptible.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    That's sweet of you. And I wouldn't doubt for a minute that the three of you were the same desperate person having some irrational need to bang your virtual head against the Primal wall.
    I kinda thought Derpamix was the same as Fiercehunter.

J. Stanton is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, I have no idea what you're rambling on about.
    You've made that abundantly clear...and restating the same things over and over doesn't make them truer. Let me lay it out in simple terms:

• The original document is NOT A PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLE. It's a self-reported experiment. That is why it's not listed in Pubmed.
    • 2.5 years later, the experiment has still not been published in a peer-reviewed journal (again, check Pubmed).
    • Therefore, one of two things has happened: either the article didn't pass peer-review, or the authors realized that their conclusions were prima facie silly and decided not to submit it.

Anyone who thinks you can dissolve 1.5 cups of partially-hydrolyzed cornstarch in 1.5 cups of carbonated water -- let alone produce anything resembling soda -- hasn't stopped to think about the problem.

JS

Quote Originally Posted by J. Stanton View Post
    You've made that abundantly clear...and restating the same things over and over doesn't make them truer. Let me lay it out in simple terms:

• The original document is NOT A PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLE. It's a self-reported experiment. That is why it's not listed in Pubmed.
    • 2.5 years later, the experiment has still not been published in a peer-reviewed journal (again, check Pubmed).
    • Therefore, one of two things has happened: either the article didn't pass peer-review, or the authors realized that their conclusions were prima facie silly and decided not to submit it.

Anyone who thinks you can dissolve 1.5 cups of partially-hydrolyzed cornstarch in 1.5 cups of carbonated water -- let alone produce anything resembling soda -- hasn't stopped to think about the problem.

JS
    It's not, after hydrolyzing it, they discovered the polysaccharides(the cornstarch material) with 4-5 times as many calories as normal. Those polysaccharides aren't easily digested by human enzymes. They supposedly contribute to the intestines producing more serotonin. I don't understand where you're having difficulty understanding how this "fits" in.

Ray Peat has published an article on this study. Again, it's a theory. No, it's not on Pubmed, I already know. There are also studies on HFCS causing irritable bowel syndrome and several other issues. My original point was to clarify just how different HFCS is compared to sucrose, fructose, etc
    nihil

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Paleobird, it could be gliadin addiction from the dwarf hybrid wheat talking. William Davis wrote about it in Wheat Belly, and David Kessler wrote about it in The End of Overeating. This new wheat binds to dopamine receptors so you want to eat more, like every three hours. Maybe that's how "six small meals" wormed its way into CW. It's a mild addiction made legitimate.

The cravings aspect of your "carb sensitivity" spectrum could be referring more specifically to modern glutens and/or simple sugars, not just carbs in general. Of course the other sensitivies -- allergies acne GERD insulin etc -- have their own spectrum. And different people are more or less susceptible.
    I definitely agree that this plays a role for many people. And yes, digestive sensitivities are only one possible manifestation.

Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    I kinda thought Derpamix was the same as Fiercehunter.
    Hah! You're right. There is a strong resemblance in writing style. Plus the same disconnect from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Stanton View Post

JS
    But, but, but, but Ray Peat said so.........
    The summary of your post.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 11-27-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast