Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Hooray!!!! Hostess Brands closing for good page 6

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    1.) Hostess products likely aren't going anywhere if they liquidate, sell the recipes or the entire company is bought out and moved to Mexico, Canada, China, etc. Don't rejoice or mourn just yet.

2.) This quote is in regards to taxation, but you can replace taxation with wages, benefits, etc. from employers and it's still relevant:

In view of what they hear from the experts, the people cannot be blamed for their ignorance and their helpless confusion. If an average housewife struggles with her incomprehensibly shrinking budget and sees a tycoon in a resplendent limousine, she might well think that just one of his diamond cuff links would solve all her problems. She has no way of knowing that if all the personal luxuries of all the tycoons were expropriated, it would not feed her family—and millions of other, similar families—for one week; and that the entire country would starve on the first morning of the week to follow .*.*.*. How would she know it, if all the voices she hears are telling her that we must soak the rich?

No one tells her that higher taxes imposed on the rich (and the semi-rich) will not come out of their consumption expenditures, but out of their investment capital (i.e., their savings); that such taxes will mean less investment, i.e., less production, fewer jobs, higher prices for scarcer goods; and that by the time the rich have to lower their standard of living, hers will be gone, along with her savings and her husband’s job—and no power in the world (no economic power) will be able to revive the dead industries (there will be no such power left)." -- Ayn Rand

3.) Of course Ayn Rand would support the right to (voluntarily) unionize, but any true Objectivist would never condone the government enforcing arbitrary demands by regulation, force, or violence, nor would they agree with the state forcing you to participate in a union membership. To the dismay of many, employers do not owe you a thing. I know, shocking. You voluntarily enter in to an agreement for compensation for your labor. If the wage isn't enough, or the working conditions are unbearable, it's your right to reject the offer as it's the right of the employer to reject your demands. Let's not confuse voluntary relationships with forced labor.

4.) The majority of Union bosses are making fortunes while workers are used as pawns in a game that only they can lose. Unions are proxies to use bullying tactics on employers. Unions are essentially legal gangs of thugs. Much like government, which they collude with to monopolize industries. Why do people believe it's their right to essentially shake down their employer? That's immoral. Oh, your boss is immoral? That's why there's other jobs or becoming your own boss.

5.) Ever stop and think about WHY we constantly need to increase our wages/earnings? Why our cost of living is going up rapidly but our incomes aren't? I suggest you educate yourself about The Federal Reserve, inflation (the silent tax), and stop supporting (voting for your enslavement) a system that is designed to use the people as pawns in a wicked game of monopoly. You can shake down your employer until they close up shop, but know about your cream before you make cheddar.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I suggest you educate yourself about The Federal Reserve, inflation (the silent tax), and stop supporting (voting for your enslavement) a system that is designed to use the people as pawns in a wicked game of monopoly.
    This is basically it in a nutshell.

People need to be blaming The Fed for their poverty and not their employers.

If it weren't for The Fed, an entire family could live off of the income of a single person earning a minimum wage, and live well.

The only reason people are feeling squeezed and need to protest for higher wages is because The Fed is actively destroying the value of those wages in order to pay off fat cat bankers and corrupted politicians.

I should also mention the lack of competition for big business thanks to their partnership with government.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    those were beautiful tributes

i just wanted you to know that
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Nekron is offline Senior Member
    Its quite hilarious how a thread about _twinkies_ turned into a bunch of libertarian retards talking nonsense again <3

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
    Its quite hilarious how a thread about _twinkies_ turned into a bunch of libertarian retards talking nonsense again <3
    When you can't refute points; demean and insult the posters
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Nekron is offline Senior Member
    Implying there is a point to refute.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    It wasn't necessarily over the workers demanding more money.

The contract Hostess wanted to impose on BCTGM workers includes:

-- An immediate 8 percent wage cut.

-- Shifting 20 percent more of health care costs onto the workers (for some workers, this would mean an increased cost of $240 a month for medical insurance).

-- Eliminating retiree Medigap insurance, which covers gaps in Medicare.

-- Eliminating Pension Supplement to pay health and funeral costs.

-- Closing an undisclosed 10 to 12 plants.

-- Eliminating the eight-hour day, which would mean no time-and-a-half pay after eight hours per day.

In addition, the company illegally froze pension contributions mandated under the contract for all of 2012, in violation of federal law. This is still being contested before the National Labor Relations Board.

Also Hostess went through 7 CEOs in the last decade, some executives got raises up to 80% in 2011.
    Bingo! Had nothing to do with the unions and everything to do with vulture capitalism. Companies "invested" in Hostess, saddled them with that debt then sucked out as much capital as they could, making sure they got paid, then left Hostess to pay the bill. Same way Romney made his money.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
    I don't find anything comical about the brutality statists impose on other human beings.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This is basically it in a nutshell.

People need to be blaming The Fed for their poverty and not their employers.

If it weren't for The Fed, an entire family could live off of the income of a single person earning a minimum wage, and live well.

The only reason people are feeling squeezed and need to protest for higher wages is because The Fed is actively destroying the value of those wages in order to pay off fat cat bankers and corrupted politicians.

I should also mention the lack of competition for big business thanks to their partnership with government.
    +1
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast