Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Women IFers -- lets chat about protocols! page 9

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    We use loose leaf; it's nice.

reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    Ah, interesting.

We grew up using loose leaves. My dad is in big tea drinker.

I dont drink tea on a regular basis, and the tea we have right now are all gifts. Once I plow through that, loose leaf it is. I am going to ask my dad to me some from India!

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    For anyone who appreciates tea, it's worth the investment to use loose leaf. Produces an ENTIRELY different product.

Besides, as I said, it actually SAVES money in the long run, if you rebrew the leaves which makes sense for people who (like those who want to supplement their IFing with it) are using the tea every day.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Loose leaf tea makes tea drinking a joy. Recently tried some for the first time gifted by a friend. I was surprised at how good it was. I'd never enjoyed tea from tea bags...

Yes, and you can use a press pot for it as well (same one you use for coffee) too.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Yes, and you can use a press pot for it as well (same one you use for coffee) too.
    Indeed you can! Just keep in mind, I'd get a french press EXCLUSIVELY for tea because coffee and tea oils can mingle if you use the same press and that can have an impact on the flavor of your tea.

Also, keep in mind the recommended temperatures for brewing the various tea types (it's not just boiling water on everything, you can ruin some lovely teas that way).

Anyway, not to hijack the thread, though it seems that people are taking to tea as a significant aid to their fasting which I definitely think is a great thing.

yes, i know. so yucky. I have separate ones.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    For all the loose leaf drinkers...
    I'm in LOVE with this handy little device!
    Amazon.com: Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp 1.7-Liter Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle: Kitchen & Dining
    It heats water to what ever you set it to... 160 to 212.
    It might seem like overkill... but... for a dedicated tea drinker it's heaven IMO.
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I will have to try loose leaf. Because I really do not enjoy the taste of just tea (from these bags) but I drink it because I think it is good for me. And it does break up the monotony of water. I do use a slice of lemon once in awhile, but still.

That use to be all mom used. I dont think we had tea bags when I was a kid, ya know, back in the stone ages.

Anyways, I have alot to use up, like 2 boxes each of 5 different kinds (I know this cuz I reorganized my tea cabinet yesterday) but I will get at least one loose leaf to try.

I love that little kettle. Now I know what I need for Christmas
    Last edited by gopintos; 12-03-2012 at 02:35 AM.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Sheesh, this week's carb up went a bit wild. I managed to put on 5 lbs, from 124.3 low to 128.8 lbs high. Now we shall see if I can manage a 6 lbs drop for 1 lb loss this week. I am gonna try to IF today for 14 hours in the morning to hopefully keep calories under 1300 to start compensating for the wagon of fruit over the weekend. I need 3.5 hours to make it to 14 hour mark. Fingers crossed!
    Then I will go back to light supper/no supper schedule.

@ 1:30 min to go had ~ 1 tsp of coconut oil to get over the persistent irritation & foraging instinct. The hunger pang ~ 6:30 am was short lived, likely reflexive to the weekend breakfast time. Okay, fingers crossed I can make it for the last 90 min with the cheat.
    Last edited by Leida; 12-03-2012 at 07:32 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast