Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Women IFers -- lets chat about protocols! page 17

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes, I've stopped eating to relieve stress as well. Food except during meals has lost its appeal.

I'm visiting my family, and they haven't seen me in 3 months. They all noted I lost weight. I weighed myself and found that I'm 10 lbs lighter. I wasn't looking to lose weight, but it just happened. I think a lot of it is water weight though, I'm not as bloated as I used to be.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Sort-of re-starting this thread. . . there have been interesting changes in my protocol!

First, i stretched my eating window out to the 10 hr window, which Martin (lean gains) says seems to work better for women. It's not every day (some days are between 3 pm and 8 pm, other days are between 10am and 8pm). And, I go ahead and eat a big snack/small meal around 4/4:30. Reason? It makes it easier for me to teach the evening class and I dont' feel like a zombie.

Eating earlier helps me be up and alert for the first class that I teach as well, so that helps a lot.

Stephanie is offline Member
    Wait....

What is IF?

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    I think I naturally do this, but I don't purposely IF or describe my eating style as IF. I just don't like eating before my 9am workout because it makes me queasy, and I don't like eating after 7 because I like to be fully digested for bedtime. So my eating, barring any social situations like Friday night out or Sunday breakfast, is solely between 10:30 and 6:30-7. I also eat my biggest meal mid-afternoon, usually 3ish.

If I didn't have a workout in the morning, I'm pretty sure I'd eat breakfast. I don't know that I really gain anything from the fast/feed window besides simplicity.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    stephanie,

as you are new to PB, don't worry about it yet. Do regular primal for several months (at least 6) before looking into "IF" (intermittent fasting). It's not a requirement, and you can let it happen naturally (as I have).

heatseeker,

for us, the simplicity and other side benefits (no longer emotionally eating) were nice surprises. Also, I realized that this is pretty natural for me. . . I never preferred to have breakfast. I always had to be up at least an hour before eating, and even then I was force feeding myself. Instead, eating around 10:30 or 11 was best for me -- which I did when I wasn't in school (i remember being totally frustrated i school).

Turns out to work nicely again. I eat then, around 4, and then again around 7. I go to bed around 10:30, so it's plenty of time if I finish by 8. Since I'm often in transit to work or working at 11, eating before is better than waiting until 2 to eat.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I don't IF at any set times. I only eat if hungry, sometimes its once a day, sometimes 2 times. Rarely its more often than that though.
    I usually ignore the first hunger pangs for a while, sometimes they go away, but if not I know I am really hungry.
    Hunger is never desperate anymore, its kinda gradual. I like it.

Dumbellina is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone,

I am curious to hear whether any of you has experienced an improvement in PMS symptoms (you know, painful periods, moodiness...) with IF.
    (There is not much research available about this subject, at least not that I've found)

Thanks a lot!!!

AmyP is offline Member
    I can't say that IF specifically, helped with PMS stuffs but paleo in general sure did help with depression/irritability issues. Specifically cutting sugars and keeping lowish carb.

I was finished having kiddos so I chose to have a uterine ablation to stop the actual heavy menstruation I had for years. Best decision ever. No periods, no chemicals, all my own hormones still there. I recommend it to all women that might be eligible! It's been a beautiful thing...

Dumbellina is offline Junior Member
    hi Amy,

Thanks for your input!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617