Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Women IFers -- lets chat about protocols! page 16

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I feel the same way. It's no hardship to wait for food
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    In the past if I managed to skip a snack, I just felt deprived. Now, there's no deprivation.
    Yal I just tell myself to munch on my butt for a little while longer
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

momrn is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    This is so funny, but it IS true. It is mind boggling to some people that you are consuming your stored fat when you lose weight.
    That actually was a real turning point for me when I was dealing with "feeling" hungry. I would tell my body, "Go have some stored fat!" For so long, we've been told the fat melts or just falls(?!) off of us when diet. No, we create an incoming calorie deficit and our body makes up for it with our stored fat.

It has been a bit more difficult than that for me in reality. But I do remind myself of these basic principles when I'm struggling.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    This is the whole point of being, if not in full on ketosis, at least what Mark calls fat adapted or a fat burning beast. If you are not fat adapted, your body will be running around frantically looking for some glucose and freaking out, not noticing that tasty butt roast it could be snacking on.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    tasty butt roast it could be snacking on.
    hilarious

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I would have to say that it is so. I mean, I find myself more interested in savory -- wanting "something to eat" when I am hungry is like "eggs, meat, nuts" are the go-tos, and one can hardly eat too much of that.

Though yesterday, I had a lot of cherries. They are in season. I could not resist!

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    It's great for body fat control, but way too stressful otherwise.
    In what way does IF become stressful?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    In what way does IF become stressful?
    It is very stressful to the exclusively sugar burning metabolism. That is the OMG, I haven't eaten in three whole hours! I think I'm going to faint feeling. The fat burning beast just uses up the glucose and then shifts over to burning fat seamlessly.

That's my experience, honestly. I feel so comfortable with this process. It's easy.

Today I started the bone broth protocol, and in a couple of days, we'll be starting juicing. I have my hesitations about it, but apparently it's good for you. DH's naturopath insists on it for his protocol, so there we go. It'll be green juices only, though.

Anyway, I started with bone broth at 11:30, and then had brekkie, and then didn't feel a thing until 4 when I had some sliders and veg. Now I'm on the way home to have dinner which is steak and broccoli. And only two cups of red tea today so far (the rest water), so all good there.

It's really nice.

In the beginning, going for my first 24, was a little stressful. Mostly just mentally though. I never really was passout hungry, just hungry and watching the clock. The first time I did a strenuous exercise near the end of a 24 though, I thought I was going to hurl. But I didnt. No biggie after that anymore, but I havent done a 24 in many months.

It is nice to be free from worrying about food and my next meal. I use to go for a couple hour trail ride, and pack like I wouldnt come back for a week. Or even now just running to do errands, not realizing it is close to lunch time, or even a lunch time for me since I hadn't eaten since 6pm the night before, and it is just no big deal. Just eat when I get back home.

I have been in a 16/8 pattern lately. Sometimes 14 sometimes 16+, and weekends seems to be sooner when DH is home. If I am really hungry I eat, so no stress. But I try to push it off and butt munch as long as I can. Seems like the days I am up earlier, like 3 or 4 am, it is a bit more difficult to wait until 10ish.

Sometimes I start with eggs & salmon, but sometimes I will start with a bone broth. Like PHD fasting w/food. So I am hoping it is still some fasting benefits even though my mind thinks I have opened my window Even if that is wishful thinking, that's okay too.

I find that my 8 hrs shift, and sometimes shrinks to 6 and other times expands to 10.

Yesterday, I ate between 2 and 8, and then the day before was between 12 and 8, and then last week, there was a day that was 11-8 (due to the drive home and getting dinner ready and stuff).

Just as my calories go up between ovulation and menses, I noticed that the window was likely to be longer (8-9 hrs on average), but now that I'm post menses, it's less calories and shorter windows.

I'm also very stressed right now, but stress eating isn't a problem. I mean, I feel stressed but instead of going to eat, I just fuss a bit to my husband about the stress/upset that I'm feeling and go for a walk or do some yoga. I think it's because I don't "feel" like eating. I'm full or not hungry, so eating isn't comfortable/comforting.

Yeah, I think that's it. It's forced me to find another coping mechanism.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast