Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Women IFers -- lets chat about protocols! page 15

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    dragonfly,

that's interesting, because DH and I were talking about shifting the window around --or at least mine -- to a 9:30-5:30 window. This way, I can eat at the office (9:30-10:30 when I don't normally see clients, after teaching at 1/2, and then just before teaching again at 5:30), and then be done for the evening. It's definitely an option.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    It's great for body fat control, but way too stressful otherwise.

I don't think it's stressful at all. It's been really great for us on a lot of levels, and -- as i wrote before -- the science seems to indicate that it has anti-aging and many other health properties.

I'm considering doing a two-day fast with water, tea, and bone broth (chicken stock, about 75-200 cals/cup). Perhaps before my ILs come.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I also don't find fasting stressful at all.
    Just the opposite.

I IF naturally every day.
    A day or two a week I do 24 hour fasts for no particular reason it's just how I feel (I don't feel like having any coffee w/ cream that day, just water) ...and have fasted pretty much by accident through just random circumstances to about 36-48 hours several times without feeling stressed by it.

As long as I have water to drink I can decide to not eat things like fast food if that is all that is available and go on about my business until a better food opportunity arises. The lack of eating doesn't make me feel stressed at all.
    The first time it happened I was a bit shocked.
    I thought I would be ravenous when I finally ate, but then ate a normal portion of food and was satisfied.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

It's amazing how well water works.

I have been drinking like a FISH. so much water. still thirsty.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Since beginning IF, I don't crave food as much, I forget completely about snacks.

This past week, however, I feel hunger pangs in the mornings and drink milk tea. Then I can stop thinking about food 12:30pm. We finish dinner 6:30pm the nights before, and unless I eat a lot (stuffed), I generally get this hunger in the mornings. Hunger that persists after tea/water/broth that makes me irritable. A cup of milk tea solves it, and then I feel fine.

Funny thing is since becoming comfortable going for longer hours without food, I also stopped overeating at meals.

reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    I agree with you. I cant overeat anymore, and I can really wait for food, rather than go nuts.

I feel the same way. It's no hardship to wait for food, and I tend not to eat more than I did before fasting, really. It's nicely self-regulating.

I've also noted that in addition to being great for maintaining weight, people keep telling me that I look "radiant" (and i'm not pregnant!).

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Lol, that's great zoebird!

Even if IF don't have any health benefits, this appetite regulation makes IF worth it. I've been trying to wean myself off snacking for a very long time. In the past if I managed to skip a snack, I just felt deprived. Now, there's no deprivation.

so we are giving up caffeine and chocolate for the time being. Silly season to do it, but I made some almond-honey candy for us to much on for some sweet (egg white, honey, and toasted almonds).

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast