Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Women IFers -- lets chat about protocols! page 13

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    PHD also recommends an 8 hr window. Doesnt specify male/female. That one is easy, if dinner is at 6ish, I am ready by 10 some mornings rather than trying to wait until 1 like a Fast 5. He also gives guidelines for fasting w/food (sorry if I already posted this )
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I had an unfortunate experiment with potatoes from Friday, a binge on Sunday night (unexcusable) and as a result shut down my digestion. However, the bright side!

The only solution I know to all digestive upsets like that is to give it a prolonged rest from new imputs. But, of course I started to feel hungry (we are talking me, the bottomless pit of desire), so instead of water or tea I from desperation turned to the 'cleansing' type of stuff, juicing half a lemon into a cup of water and adding sea salt to it. Holy molly, it shut hunger off instantaneously. I am almost at 14 hour mark now, but I need much longer than that for the digestion to come on line.

Keeping fingers crossed! I really need a long no food interval to get the system cleared out completely before trying to eat again (and less stupidly). The best is to miss this entire day. I am hoping that lemon + salt will keep me good till tomorrow morning. That would be super. I will keep this in mind, and maybe I will be able to IF with that.

Yes, I am aware that I am taking calories and carbs with lemon juice, so it is not technically a proper fast, but i feel very well (all things considered!).
    Last edited by Leida; 12-10-2012 at 08:09 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Yes, I am aware that I am taking calories and carbs with lemon juice, so it is not technically a proper fast, but i feel very well (all things considered!).
    Perfectly acceptable At least I dont see why not. Many days when I fast, if I can remember to drink that concoction first, or even throughout the day when I need a pick-me-up, it always seems to work. Thanks for that reminder

I did a 16 this morning per PHD. Those are pretty effortless. I am looking forward to at least a 3 day at the first of the year. I think I am ready for it. Mentally and physically. Wonder if I should wait since I am feeling ready for it. Or just get through the holidays. We don't have too much going for a couple of weeks yet. hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I did a 16 this morning per PHD. Those are pretty effortless. I am looking forward to at least a 3 day at the first of the year.
    I am reading the new edition of PHD just released today. The chapter on Fasting is very interesting. (does not specify male or female - unless I missed that part) I dont think I have read some of the info anywhere before. And it might have been in the other book, I havent compared it, but fasting wasnt a big concern so I probably didnt read that Chapter very well, so it might very well already be there.

So... this is very interesting. I don't want to give too much away since it was just released today, but I will say that my first sentence in the quote, will probably be what I strive for from now on. (for reasons I did not previously know) And let's just say that my last sentence, I am not worried about it coming into fruition

I would add, that Mark wrote the Forward for the new book. Very nicely done.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    What is "PHD?" thanks.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    What is "PHD?" thanks.
    "Perfect Health Diet" which is a new dietary regemine that was written about in a book. It's similar to primal but advocates quite a bit more on the carb front and backs off a little on fat recommendations. It does support eliminating grains, IFing, and lots of other primal staples though.

Thanks. I was trying to figure it out.

I've noted that it's actually pretty easy to just "zone" it with calories and then just pick which one you emphasize -- fat or carbs.

I figure a diet of 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein is not that different from 40% fat, really.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    Thanks. I was trying to figure it out.

I've noted that it's actually pretty easy to just "zone" it with calories and then just pick which one you emphasize -- fat or carbs.

I figure a diet of 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein is not that different from 40% fat, really.
    Whatever works for you!

I personally find that the higher the percentage that fat makes up in my diet, and the lower that carbs make up, the easier fasting (both short term and longer term) becomes for me. In fact, if anyone wants to try out fasting on a regular basis or even just a longer fast or two, this is something really useful to keep in mind.

The benefits of a fast are the same regardless of the diet you are eating, but implementing and engaging in fasts can become easier when you become more used to operating off the steadier fule supply of fat.

I find that individuals are just individual. I haven't gone nearly as high fat as many on the boards do, because it never just worked out that way. Also, it wasn't pleasurable. LOL

So, eating between 40-45% for me works really well -- with fasting or otherwise.

turns out after doing a lot of math and stuff, my own protein intake is technically around 22-26% of my daily intake, not up to 30, which means that my fat must be higher as well. So I did a fit-day and it's looking like it's probably 50 (fat), 25 (protein), and 25 carbohydrate, but even still, the carbohydrate is below 100g/day -- on an average day at least.

It's interesting to observe.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast