Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constructive Criticism Requested: Daily Menu page

LJ_Dad is offline Junior Member

Question Constructive Criticism Requested: Daily Menu

I have been actively Primal for a few months and wanted to get some input from experienced folks on the content of my daily intake..I firmly know I need to ramp up my activity level, but I wanted to see if what I've been doing diet wise is on the right track..or do I need to increase/decrease fat or protein in the goal of fat loss.

Breakfast: A smoothie (4 oz coconut milk, 1/4 frozen blueberries, 1 scoop whey protein, water)..usually have this 5 days a week. the 2 other days it will be 3 eggs cooked in butter(usually organic cage free) with bacon/sausage

Snack (not always): almonds (100 calorie pack) or apple, with green tea

Lunch: salad with tomatoes, hot peppers, 1 avocado, 1 6oz can of solid white tuna in h20, balsamic vinegrette.

Snack (not always): beef jerky or fruit

Dinner: 1-2 cups of steamed veggies, steak/chx or fish (6oz) with red wine

Generally have 1-2 cups of black coffee per day...

I know this is a cursory look, but just looking for some thoughts..thanks..

Cynarin is offline Senior Member
    Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting this, but do you eat a can of tuna every day?
    "To shed all the illusory rights & hesitations of history demands the economy of some legendary Stone Age--shamans not priests, bards not lords, hunters not police, gatherers of paleolithic laziness, gentle as blood, going naked for a sign or painted as birds, poised on the wave of explicit presence, the clockless nowever." --Hakim Bey, TAZ

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    Unless you are a 13 year old girl you may not be eating enough protein or/and fat haha!

Seriously though for any cunstructive comments there needs to be more info?

Sex(M/F not Y/N)? Height? Weight? Current BF%? Goal BF%? Activities?

TriCiCi is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast & Lunch look awesome. Are you loading up your steamed veggies with butter, and cooking your steak/chx/fish in bacon grease? 'Cause you should.

Do you genuinely feel hungry 5 times a day? I know we've been conditioned to eat often per CW, but since going primal I've found that a big late morning/early afternoon meal and a big dinner do the trick for me most days without snacks. What are your goals? If you are looking to lose weight, I would cut down on the almonds & fruit. Just my $.02.

So, the questions..

1) no, I do not eat a can of tuna a day..but that was today..i usually have a protein (turkey, beef, ham) of the same quantity in the salad.

2) Male, 6'1", ~200Lbs..don't know my BF%..activities?..walk alot..am ramping up body weight exercises and lifting..

3) veggies with butter, yes..steak/chx/fish...if don't cook them in butter, I am usually broiling or grilling them..

Suki is offline Senior Member
    1. Cut out all fruit and nuts
    2. Put fat on all veggies
    3. Add the coconut milk to your coffee
    4. Add homemade mayo to your tuna to up your fats. Better yet, replace that tuna with sardines
    5. Try to get fattier cuts of meat

At least 50% of your daily calories should come from fat. I think something like 65% fat / 25% protein / 10% carbs is ideal for fat loss.

And while you're losing weight - lift and move slowly. You don't want to work out to the point where you feel the need to supplement your workouts with food.

Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    1. Cut out all fruit and nuts
    2. Put fat on all veggies
    3. Add the coconut milk to your coffee
    4. Add homemade mayo to your tuna to up your fats. Better yet, replace that tuna with sardines
    5. Try to get fattier cuts of meat

At least 50% of your daily calories should come from fat. I think something like 65% fat / 25% protein / 10% carbs is ideal for fat loss.

And while you're losing weight - lift and move slowly. You don't want to work out to the point where you feel the need to supplement your workouts with food.
    Thanks for the suggestions!!!!

fotakou is offline Junior Member
    Also try to embrace the idea of the IF. Its really cool,gives you a sense of freedom,can help with fat loss/energy levels/economy and can give your body a nice break so as to heal itself!

I wouldnt say to cut the fruit and nuts,but regarding the fruits,I personally eat them post workout and its either an apple OR a banana.

On your eggs breakfast,be sure to put A LOT of butter or coconut oil,not just enough to cook them!

Also,I dont know if you feel comfortable sprinting,but a sprint session every week can really help with fat loss Just build it slowly and dont hurt yourself!

Suki is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fotakou View Post
    I wouldnt say to cut the fruit and nuts,but regarding the fruits,I personally eat them post workout and its either an apple OR a banana.
    Fruit is unnecessary if fat loss is your goal. Post-workout protein is fine. Also, too easy to over-indulge on the nuts unless you're cracking them yourself.

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynarin View Post
    Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting this, but do you eat a can of tuna every day?
    is there something wrong with eating a 6oz can of tuna in a meal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast