It's hard for me to describe the way I feel... I can feel the fat draining from my face, I become really aware of my thyroid's existence, I sort of feel like my body is attempting to figure out what bare minimum things it needs to survive, and then it starts burning everything else for fuel. This seems like a very good thing in the prevention of disease to me--when I think of cancer cells, I think of things that shouldn't exist. Cells in our bodies that shouldn't be there. Hopefully with a ketogenic diet, malicious extra cells will be the first to be burned? I can definitely tell that the primal way of life is better for me than any other eating/lifestyle plan I have ever followed. I haven't eaten since breakfast, and yeah, food sounds nice right now, but at the same time I'm mentally stable. I feel very aware of the realities being ignored by those around me, who eat SAD foods unquestioningly and never have the thought, "I am my body." Each time I fast I believe I become a more efficient beast, reduced to my essential self, my "essence," and free of unnecessary things. It's very meditative for me.

What does it feel like to you?