Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you feel when you're in ketosis? page 2

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Adrenal fatigue is bogus

lol at thinking I'm trolling. Glucose is the ONLY energy source that the brain can use, so I guess that explains a lot
    Last edited by Derpamix; 11-15-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Fitness Wayne is offline Senior Member
    When I am in ketosis I usually feel very satisfied after a meal. Protein and fat make my stomach feel good. When I haven't eaten anything in a few hours I don't feel hungry but I feel the desire to eat, like I want the taste but I don't need it. It is very strange compared to how I felt before which would be just hunger. I guess that is me being in fat burning mode.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The only real difference I notice in ketosis is lack of hunger. If more than a couple of days, it gets to where I have to force myself to eat. And in small spaces, I can pick up the scent of my breath.

Since the weather changed, I haven't really been in the mood for fruit, so I notice "signs" of ketosis more frequently. I tend to lower carb eating naturally, so I guess taking fruit out of the equation is why I'm noticing it more often. It's not necessarily something I try to do, just something of which I'm aware.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 11-15-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Adrenal fatigue is bogus

lol at thinking I'm trolling. Glucose is the ONLY energy source that the brain can use, so I guess that explains a lot
    30 cups of coffee and you think Adrenal fatigue is overrated ?
    Wow.

I say good luck for the major crash you'll experience in some months.
    Last edited by Daydreamer; 11-16-2012 at 12:28 AM.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    For me, it kept hunger in check as well. IF, including most daily 24s and some weekly 48s was a big part of it. But nothing much else seemed to be working for me anymore. Maybe it was at first, but then it stopped. Weight loss stopped, sleeping well stopped. Energy to exercise stopped.

I have switched some things around and things are progressing once again. If/when it stops working, I will try keto again as a way to shake it up. It might be a good maintenance for me, I will see when I get there but this time pay attention to the sleep and energy aspects. That may or may not have been from keto, so I just know now the things to pay attention to.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Plowing through a fog of exhaustion, drained of strength and vitality. Hunger is blunted, and manifests through the increase in fatigue and descent in a lethargic state. Sweat smells really sour.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I always felt clarity of mind and very lean and strong. I only stopped being in "keto" because I seem to maintain the same overall positive effects in the 50-100g/day range except with a bit more hunger which helped the "bulking" I was doing with lifting for a while. I'm probably going to go back to it after Thanksgiving as a seasonal change for winter.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 11-16-2012 at 07:39 AM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Adrenal fatigue is bogus

Since your not trolling feel free to educate yourself Your Brain On Ketones | Psychology Today

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I honestly don't know why high fat low carb diet never gets me out of the tired state. It's very frustrating. I might try it again, after I take Magnesium and Potassium for another 2 weeks or so. Maybe that's the reason.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Leida, what you're describing is what I think of as being reduced to my essence. You become less and less capable of doing anything other than what you absolutely must, the body's way of conserving energy, if you ask me. In ketosis, I could talk forever about my love for primal eating, but if someone tried to engage me in polite smalltalk, I would not be able to work up the energy. I like that, though. I feel more in tune with my heart. The other day I was doing work in a cafeteria on my college campus, and a group behind me was chattering loudly the whole time about inconsequentials... ("Imagine if you had, like, a bow and arrow made of fire, dude!" "Aw man, it would like totally burn people!" "It would scorch 'em!" that sort of thing) I feel like it's just sugar parading in front of me showing what it does to people--makes them hyperactive, brain-fogged, etc. I'll take the ketones, thanks.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast