Thread: how to improve wellness at work page

chicitycory is offline Junior Member

how to improve wellness at work

Primal Fuel
    I am on a committee at work to help increase the wellness of people at the workplace and am looking for some other advice. So far a few things I have thought of:

group 30 day challenges - doing some sort of 30 day challenge with a group...weather it be to eat healthier, walk everyday, get some sun everyday..any other ideas here

someway of meeting new people/creating social connectiveness - a lunch table designed specifically for people to sit at with strangers that are interested in meeting new people

Any suggestions? That can help increase wellness (ie get people to eat healthier, reduce stress, create social connectiveness, anything else here?)

Thank you everyone!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    There's a big difference between someone wanting to improve their life and being told by a committee what the truth should be for them.

In other words: You should ban wheat in your workplace.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    There's a big difference between someone wanting to improve their life and being told by a committee what the truth should be for them.

In other words: You should ban wheat in your workplace.
    Yeah, you should, along with sugar, processed oils, and anything in a package.
    But it's hard to see that idea catching on.

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    how 'bout a 30-day sugar free challenge?
    It's a step in the right direction on pretty much any WOE...

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I would contact mobile personal trainers, yoga instructors, etc, and see if you can set up on-going classes that people can elect to do during lunch hour or similar.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    I work for BUPA and they are into this sort of thing in a big way. They have a fairly big budget which helps!

Some of the things we do are:
    Free subscription to healthy food/ lifestyle magazines
    B- fit programme where all staff have access to funds for things like pedometers, or I used mine to create a potted garden on the deck with edibles for my lunch.
    Pedometer challenge where we all clock in online with our totals for the week as a friendly competition
    Walking challenge where the staff and our families and our clients all participated in a weekend walk of our choosing, followed by a BBQ. This was really successful for us as we walked an 11km route and we had some ladies who were very large and very unfit and they completed the entire distance. Some just did part of the way, but others did the lot.
    Fruit baskets in the lunchroom
    'Fruity Fridays' where the usual baked goods at morning tea were replaced with fruit, yoghurt, and milk and a blender to make smoothies
    Free health checks

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Standing workstations
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."