Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assorted Thanksgiving recipes? page 2

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    Normally I'm all over mashed cauli, but we have it pretty regularly (cauli thrown in ninja with sour cream and parmesan). Parsnip turnip mash is a total treat for us

one primal dessert you can do is dates stuffed with mascarpone and candied pecans. Everyone will be dazzled cuz it looks & tastes fancy, but only takes a couple of mins to throw together
    Yeah, my boyfriend isn't a big fan of cauli mash and I have been eating potatoes off and on lately. As long as I don't overdo it I have no ill effects. Never done the parsnip mash but love them roasted like fries. I bought some duck fat at Whole Foods a couple weeks ago and have been using it on a few things. A bit pricey but oh-so-delicious. Would make for some wonderful roast parsnips. Since I'm going to attempt a stuffing I may skip potatoes, as I really can't eat that much heavy food at once these days.

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    I spent my afternoon yesterday searching and pinning Primal/Paleo/Gluten-free recipes for Thanksgiving, here are the ones I picked:

I want to call these "Stuffin' Muffins" lol. Angie's Suburban Oasis: Paleo/Primal Thanksgiving Dressing/Stuffing Muffins It's weird, I *hated* dressing as a kid, but now it's something I look forward to. Next year will be hard because we'll be with family and the real stuff will be there...I may have to bring these muffins just so I don't gluten myself and ruin the rest of a long weekend.

I'm making these gluten free french fried onions for our green bean casserole. Gluten-Free French Fried Onion Rings | Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom I'm one of those weirdos that actually prefers the canned green beans/condensed soup version, so it'll be with organic canned GB's (Eden, no BPA) and Pacific Foods' condensed cream of mushroom (gluten-free, almost primal if not for the rice flour).

Turkey gravy made with arrowroot: Paleo Turkey Gravy, A Robust Thanksgiving Side

Primal pumpkin bake: Fast Paleo Primal Pumpkin Bake - Paleo Recipe Sharing Site

Our big cheat will be mashed potatoes, my husband isn't a fan of the cauliflower or turnip mashes.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i think we're gonna grill a bunch of meat and veg and drink a bunch of red wine.

no damn turkey!!!

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    I made this about a month ago....

Low carb stuffing. Seriously. ~ Stuff I Make My Husband

It was pretty good! I used ground turkey for the meat instead of sausage because that's what I had on hand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12