Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Vibrams page

coach81 is offline Senior Member

Vibrams

Primal Fuel
    So I'm considering getting some of these shoes.. my wife does not approve.. she thinks I will look ridiculous. I really don't care.. but here go a few questions:

1. I plan on using them primarily for running my sprints.. and when I go jogging. Is there any certain style this is best for this? I will be running both on mud and road.

2. Best site to order from? Where can I find the best deal?

3. Are there any styles that are more durable than others? I am pretty hard on shoes.

4. Overall those of you that have used them, are you satisfied?

Primal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coach81 View Post
    So I'm considering getting some of these shoes.. my wife does not approve.. she thinks I will look ridiculous. I really don't care.. but here go a few questions:

1. I plan on using them primarily for running my sprints.. and when I go jogging. Is there any certain style this is best for this? I will be running both on mud and road.
    I'd go for the KSO Treks

2. Best site to order from? Where can I find the best deal?
    You'll see that prices are pretty standard everywhere. I got mine at www.citysports.com

3. Are there any styles that are more durable than others? I am pretty hard on shoes.

KSO Treks seem the most "durable" - not sure about the Bikala's (sp) that are coming out

4. Overall those of you that have used them, are you satisfied?
    Yes. Very. But I did develop a little rip/tear on one of the toes. Super glue fixed it.

darienx19 is offline Senior Member
    1. I got KSO's, if it'll be muddy, you may wanna get Trek's though.

2. They are pretty much the same price from most websites, if you have a coupon or something for a particular one, buy from there. Check the company's website (www.vibramfivefingers.com) for a price baseline. If at all possible though, find a retailer. I would have spent a lot of time and energy shipping back and forth until I found the ones that fit right. It's worth the time and drive (in most cases) to go to a retailer. Also found that there wasn't markup from the MSRP (kind of expected there to be, had to go to a local sporting goods store usually known for being overpriced).

3. The Treks are the most durable as far as I know, my KSO's have lasted 8 months so far and seem fine. Though I'm probably not as hard on them, I wear them as my regular shoes (read: anytime I'm not at work and need to have shoes on), so they see pretty constant use.

4. I @#$%ing love them! They are so wonderful, and feel just like having on a glove. Often, I forget that I'm even wearing anything.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I got KSO's and have been living in them for about a month now. I absolutely LOVE them, and they do make people curious. There will be questions. LOL.

I ordered mine off vibramfivefingers.com since the retailers in my area were completely out of stock. The retailers got them about 2 weeks after I got mine in the mail. I just measured my feet and went by the size chart, and everything was fine. If you have a retailer nearby it would be helpful to try them on for sure, but if not, I'd just got with the VFF site.

Like darien, I sometimes forget I'm wearing them. Shoot, about a week ago I almost went to bed with them on.

One more note- I went walking in the woods the other day and it was wonderful not only hearing leaves and twigs crunch under my feet, but FEELING it too. Whole new sensory experience.

Geoff is offline Member
    I have two pairs - Sprints for easy going stuff or when I want to "dress up" and KSOs for when I'm going someplace gnarly or nasty. I think you'd do fine with either of those two for sprints.

Both my pairs came straight from the source. www.vibramfivefingers.com.

They are all pretty rugged (except for the Moc which is for indoors only). Trek and Flow are probably the sturdiest.

OK, I don't want to rain on your parade, but I have gotten injured three times in my Five Fingers - all of them from running on gnarly trails. One was a nasty ankle roll. If I'd been wearing standard trail running shoes it still would have happened but it was much worse because I had such minimal shoes on (sometimes stability helps). The other two both involved getting a root jammed in between my fourth toe and pinkie toe - at full speed. Painful as hell and something that wouldn't have happened in standard trail running shoes (I would have just "caught a toe" and fallen). So take it carefully with them especially if you're sprinting off road. "Better for your feet" does not equate to "invulnerable." That said, I still love my VFF. The only thing better than being in VFF is actually being barefoot.
    Last edited by Geoff; 04-12-2010 at 06:19 PM.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Just got a pair of sith black KSO's, and am enjoying the hell out of them so far.

It's like wearing a pair of Monkey Feet!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I have two pairs - Sprints for easy going stuff or when I want to "dress up" and KSOs for when I'm going someplace gnarly or nasty. I think you'd do fine with either of those two for sprints.

Both my pairs came straight from the source. www.vibramfivefingers.com.

They are all pretty rugged (except for the Moc which is for indoors only). Trek and Flow are probably the sturdiest.

OK, I don't want to rain on your parade, but I have gotten injured three times in my Five Fingers - all of them from running on gnarly trails. One was a nasty ankle roll. If I'd been wearing standard trail running shoes it still would have happened but it was much worse because I had such minimal shoes on (sometimes stability helps). The other two both involved getting a root jammed in between my fourth toe and pinkie toe - at full speed. Painful as hell and something that wouldn't have happened in standard trail running shoes (I would have just "caught a toe" and fallen). So take it carefully with them especially if you're sprinting off road. "Better for your feet" does not equate to "invulnerable." That said, I still love my VFF. The only thing better than being in VFF is actually being barefoot.
    Thanks for the information. Speaking of this.. how do they insulate against heat? If for example I go walking or jogging on middle-of-the-day hot cement, will my feet burn with them on???

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    1. Is there any certain style this is best for this? I will be running both on mud and road. - I have the sprint...they seem pretty all purpose. I like that they have the strap over the foot...feels more secure. I use mine for working out (weights/cardio) and some out and about walking/errands. They will elicit a lot of questions, so be prepared. I don't wear them if I'm in a hurry. LOL

2. Best site to order from? Where can I find the best deal? - I found a local dealer so I could try them on for size.

3. Are there any styles that are more durable than others? I am pretty hard on shoes. - I only have the one pair...not sure about durability of one version versus another. They've held up pretty well, but I tend to baby them.

4. Overall those of you that have used them, are you satisfied? - yep! They do exactly what I need them to do. I'll definitely be keeping them in my repertoire of shoes.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Thanks for all the answers to my original questions, I welcome all info..

Specifically looking for the answer to my latest question concerning hot cement.. please see above.

darienx19 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You're feet aren't going burn like if you were barefoot, but it will get warm/hot! the awesome thing is, they will instantly cool off when you step on some grass : ) it will feel like you stepped in some nice cool water.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast