Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: primal Journal- eva page

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member

primal Journal- eva

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hi everybody,

thought id keep myself accountable here- or actually make myself a virtual postit about my grub n excercise

so here gos

day 1:

grub

breakfast- huge salad of cabbage, peppers, bluberries, seared tuna, n all kinds of seeds with a homemade vinegrette (balsamico + avocado oil + homemade mustard n salt n peppar n just a drop of honey)

2nd meal - homemade blood pudding (no grains involved but does include a just a splash of beer), salad of springonions n cucumber in greek yoghurt, sauerkraut

3d meal: about 300 gr of strawberries n a sweet omelet made of 3 eggs (sweetened with some honey n stevia n spiced with cinnamon with some coconutfakes n almondflour mixed in n fried in coconut oil)

+ my daily glass of redwine

calories added up to 2254

excercise: the weather was nice so biked to work (50 km- 2 h)

challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

maba is offline Senior Member

Homemade Blood Pudding sounds intriguing. Care to share the recipe?

eva

Here it is

0,5 l blood (i use reindeer but anything gos)

3 dl beer (dark is good)

4 dl mashed up new potatoes (boiled n cooled down)

1 onion

50 g fat (i use reindeer but pork gos just as well)

0,5 dl honey

1 tsp salt

ground allspice and white pepper and some marjoram

# peel and dice the onion and sautee it in fat.

# mix the blood with beer in a bowl

# add the mashed potatoes n mix well

# add the onion n the fat used to sautee it in and other spices

# use a breadmould for baking and butter it from the inside

fill the mould with the mix and leave some room for it to swell up

# cover with alufoil and bake at 200C for 1 hour

its delish when its cooled down- you can cut slices and fry them lightly crisp on both sides and eat with lingonberrysauce

challenge yourself

maba is offline Senior Member

Ooh, that sounds uber-delicious!

eva

so yesterdays eats were:

Breakfast -a few slices of blackpudding from yesterday with a granny smith apple on the side

Lunch- went to mother-in-laws house to eat n she had prpared a delish "summersoup"- traditional in finland when the veggies are just starting to come. its made with whole raw milk n butter n includes new potatoes, new carrots, springonions n cauliflower. So good. Strawberryes for desert

Dinner: made a dessert from 2 whipped up eggwhites mixed with 2 tbls greek yoghurt n stevia n strawberries. 2 glasses of wine

workout: 1 h gym - warmup + 10 sets of pullups+pushups+hanging kneeraises+deadlifts+back rows + streching

today w b going to Bukarest, Romania for a long weekend with hubby so no training, but lots of walking n good food n wine

challenge yourself

eva

today sofar:

40 min intervals followed by some upper body resistance training (military presses, pushups, hanging knee raises, back rows...) in the morning

n a couple of hours after that around 12.00:

breakfast- grilled beef with a fresh salad (cabbage, a little bit of carrot, pineapple and a dressing of oil+white balsamico+ salt+horseraddish+pepper)

the next meal will be in romania n i dont think its a problem sticking to primal abroad or on a holiday. never had a problem with that. not even in UK or the states... its all up to choices.

n today ill definately choose some champagne and red wine

challenge yourself

eva

so it was quite easy to stick to 80/20 primal in romania- promised land of steak and seafood. also lots of vegetable and salad goodness, ripe peaches and nectarines.. the 20 % was made up of all the wine and 2 portions of homemade icecream. Lots of siteseeind and suntanning were all of the excercise, but looks like my body liked the low cortisonelevels and i could see my sixpack peeking through this morning. But now its back to work so hello my old friend bellyflab and bloating. Im sooo sensitive to cortisol-level changes...

Today the breakfast was tunasalad with balsamic vinager

in the evening ill probably have stake and salad and strawberries with whippedup eggwhites.... n wine

a gym session at some point during the day is in the pllanning- i w do a fullbody with pullups-pushups- deadlifts and rows with something on the side...

challenge yourself

eva

today started with the leftover stake with some salad. then in the evening after a gym session w probably eat at my mil-s n have some crustless smoked salmon pie with salad and strawberries with cream for desert...

i have been away from home the weekend and the grass has grown like crazy. i have 3000 m2 of lawn to mow before friday when i leave again for the weekend... n its also rainy all the time so its going to be a problem...

challenge yourself

eva

weekend spent at parents place was about 90% primal. Consisting of lots of grilled meat and salads. Only deviation was the cake i made for my stepfathers b-day. Made a cheesecake - but with coconutcream, eggyolks and lots of strawberries as the actual main ingredients.

Now back into the routine at home. the best part of the trip was the visit to wholesale meatmarket . So now i have my fridge full of smoked pork cheekmeat (to kill for) and other smoked pig parts .

Had to opt for smoked meat as my deepfreeze is full of a elk n raindeer...

food for today:

breakfast- a salad of cucumber, strawberries, springonion, green apple, blueberries and cold steak leftovers from yesterday

lunch will be some smoked pork cheek- most delicious fat in a pig id say, and ill probably get some carrots from the garden n grate these up to mix a salad with some cabbage , raisins and almonds.

In the evening hubby will be back home and he will bring some fresh wildboar meat for bbq. so ill whip up a salad on the side.

and ill probably consume a kilo of strawberries during the day- cant leave them to rot in the garden

will hit the gym for a pullup-pushup day (obviously i will do smth else there also but the 10 sets of pullups-pushups is my main goal.)

challenge yourself

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I'm totally jealous of the elk, boar and reindeer. We don't have those running wild around here. I have to settle for snakes.

I've never had pork cheekmeat but I've had beef. Is it as fatty?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast