Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Best Dark Chocolate page 4

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I dont like the mouth feel of the bakers chocolate, it is not pleasant to me so I go with Lindt 70% or 85% prefer the 70. Also in Canada you can get the Life brand from pharmaprix/shoppersdrugmart and it is the best quality I have ever tried and cheep. made with little African slave children probably.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Do you know if the TJ's Mexican ground chocolate bars are similar to Taza's? I tried one of TJ's the other day, and really liked it, but the price is so steep!
    No idea, unfortunately! Orlando doesn't have a Trader Joe's.

circledotx is offline Junior Member
    Perfect timing with the chocolate posts! Introducing it back into my diet to see how it's going to impact my fat loss and maintenance experiments. I adore the flavor of 85% Green and Blacks, but found roasted cacao nibs to be quite flavorful as well. I picked up a Lindt 90 bar for snacking this week. I'd love to find some 99% bars, I've got to go exploring for sure!

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Theos does not include soy lecithin in it's bars. But it is pricey. However, one bar lasts me a whole week. My fave is the chili dark chocolate.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Ok, I found some of that 100% Godiva chocolate. Ate some and it was just...meh. The chocolate flavor was good and strong, but overall it was sort of boring, like just cocoa powder. I think that 99% World Market bar is very very tasty, and somehow tastes much sweeter by comparison.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    The best dark chocolate is the dark chocolate you make yourself. Take virgin coconut oil, melt it in a double boiler with vanilla extract, add baker's chocolate (unsweetened cocoa mass), add coconut sugar til you get the desired sweetness. From there, spice it accordingly. Cayenne, sea salt, chili powder, a touch of instant coffee...the only limit is your imagination. I can't eat store bought chocolate bars after making my own. Lindt, Green & Blacks, Ghirardelli...all tastes like junk by comparison.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Nelle is offline Senior Member
    bleh, I can't do higher than 75%. My go-to chocolate is Theo Chocolate which, lucky me, the factory is right down the street! I did splurge and buy $8/bar chocolate from Dick Taylor Chocolate (out of CA) and Dandelion Chocolate (also out of CA). Contains no dairy, soy, nut, or gluten. Only 2 ingredients-- cocoa and sugar. Aaaaaaahhhh-mazing!!!! Totally worth it.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    Rawganic have a delicious one. It's high in carbs (almost 50g per 100g) but rich enough to only need a couple of pieces. might be an aussie only brand though.

endless is offline Senior Member
    I used to use the Endangered Species 88%, graduated to Lindt 90%, and occasionally use the Lindt 99% (although I don't like the texture of that as much as the 90%). I dislike the fruity ones. I don't think raw cacao is the superfood that people think it is.

MeatMaker is offline Junior Member
    Lindt 85% and Ghirardelli 86%. Two for $4 seems pretty cheap to me.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast