Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to work out what weight I should be? page 2

peril is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'll take 6' and a tiny bit as 1.83m. So a good weight will be 22.5 x 1.83 x 1.83 = 75.4kg = 166lb. If you've got a lot of muscle you need to increase that first number

By comparison I'm 5'11" and about 160lb
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Try the Adonis Index- it has ratios of waist to shoulder, etc, based off height, I think.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    When you feel confident in your body, and filled with energy. I don't think there is a set weight for each height that will satisfy everyone. People have different frame sizes, different bone structure. What is a good weight on one person may be too heavy on another. As a 5'4 female, it is recommended by CW that 120 is a good weight for me, but I am Asian, with a very small bone structure, and I think I look and feel best at 100-105. Don't rely on any scale to tell you what you should weigh, rely instead on your energy, health, and your own level of comfort.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    I'll take 6' and a tiny bit as 1.83m. So a good weight will be 22.5 x 1.83 x 1.83 = 75.4kg = 166lb. If you've got a lot of muscle you need to increase that first number

By comparison I'm 5'11" and about 160lb
    For a barrel chested man that number is very low. I'd say eighty kg is closer to optimal if you have more upper body mass.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Try the Adonis Index- it has ratios of waist to shoulder, etc, based off height, I think.
    That's quite interesting, when I finally found a site that told me what it was, mine is 1.3, but really all that tells me is that I still need to lose a couple of inches of my waist - which I already know.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

I'm getting the idea that there is no way to work this out, I just have to eating right, sprinting and lifting and one-day I'll just look awsome

But I really want to know roughly if thats gonna be 10lbs, 20lbs, 30lbs away.

I guess I'll just shoot for 200lbs and see what that looks like
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    It never adds up for me, either. At 5'9" with a 32" waist, I weigh 180 and can see my abs. I have a huge rib cage. And the more I eat, the more muscles I get! I was down to 170 but the more I work out and eat, the bigger I keep getting. I'm supposedly supposed to weigh somewhere between 140 and 160. I don't know how I could hurl a boulder hard enough to kill a wolf at that weight.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Down and dirty chart: How Much Should I Weigh For My Height? How Many Calories Should I Eat

It's just averages, not a lot of science. Just a starting point. You can read further down the page for more specifics. Once upon a time, a guesstimate was fine. BMI, shoulder to toe ratio, distance from ear to nose wasn't that important. I'm guessing you just want something to aim at and then tweak as you get closer.

Good luck!

Knifegill - sounds like you have a simlar build type to me, so looking to hit arround about the 200lb mark at 3 inches taller sounds about in the right sort of area (maybe a bit lower to see abs) so I think I'll aim for 14 stone (which is 196lbs) to start with - Most charts add about 4lbs an inch of height, but that's gonna be more if you are larger built.

Which means I have 20lbs to lose. Which is pretty nice to know as that dosn't sound too bad

Leida is offline Senior Member
    For 2 inches, you will need about 10-15 lbs, if the fat goes from the waist right now. If it sits stubborn there, it is impossible to predict.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast