Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spun's Primal Challenge page

Spun is offline Member

Cool Spun's Primal Challenge

While I feel as though I have had success, I am posting this to assist in my "stickin' to the plan"

For breakfast I had a wicked smoothie
    1 egg (raw)
    3 oz. raw milk, (just got a great contact for this product)
    1 banana
    1 tbsp of almond butter
    1 tsp of flaxseed oil

Tasted yummy and the raw milk gave it a slightly richer flavour.

Had a bit of a "big weekend" so I will be fasting for 24 hours. Mondays always seem like a good opportunity for IF as I am usually a little busier than normal at work, and the weekends, generally speaking, are not lacking in calories.

My goal is to shed about 15 pounds of fat. I have not put a specific timeline on it (contrary to all the PT education I have received) but think that 8 weeks is reasonable. I really find having open ended goals (for wellness) to be encouraging. I used to really beat myself up when I'd gain a little after a weekend get toghether.

Nuff typing, time for a stroll outside......

Spun is offline Member
    the 24 hour fast was shorter than planned. Did a bunch of landscaping when I got home from work and needed meat. Had some leftover steak in the fridge which hit the spot.

Breakfast this morning

3 scrambled eggs with some chopped red peppers and onions (2 oz of raw milk in the eggs.)
    Grabbed a coffee on the way to work.

Throughout the day (7-3)

2 hardbolied eggs and a couple pieces of fruit. (I ride a desk all day)

Dinner (arouind 5:30)

wicked hamburgers (sans le bun)

Physical activity

5 km walk at lunch
    lots of lifting, raking outside after work
    25 mins of resistance training.

Hoping to hit the sack at 8:30 tonight .....perhaps another 30 mins of activity ; )

Spun is offline Member
    Another 3 eggs again this morning, with about 2 oz leftover beef and some salsa.....I wake up and can't wait to eat cause it's so good!

2 hard bolied eggs and a 4 oz beef patty coupled with 2 pcs of fruit will keep me awake and aware from 7 - 3 today.
    My daily 5 km lunchtime walk will also invigorate and keep the fire burning

I have some salmon ready for dinner, gonna try a maple syrup/garlic glaze with some veggies.

More landscaping and another nice walk with the family (2k) after dinner

Then hopefully in bed by 9.

I'll post some pics on Monday, I need a public benchmark to guage success

Keep on Grokkin'in the free world!

Spun is offline Member
    Had a sweet game of ball hockey at lunch, instead of the usual walk.

Lots of stop and go action

Can't wait to get back outside

Spun is offline Member
    I have been doing this for about 2 mionths now....the journal helps by creating accountability for me.

This morning, for breakfast:

3 scrambled eggs with salsa - I am surgical with this procedure. I can have the pan warm and buttered, and the eggs whisked before I am even awake.
    Put the eggs in the pan and take a "#1 bio break". This seems to be just the right amount of time to have the eggs to the point where they begin to need scrambling. I then gaze out onto the mighty Ottawa Riverwhile I eat my breakfast. The sun rising over the Gatineau Hills and the river in front of me make getting myself "cubicle ready" that much more difficult.

Weather is good today, despite the forecast. That means an hour of walking at lunch with a friend.

Took some beef sausage out for dinner tonight. the side is still in the air.

More landscaping, more playing, then off to bed. The hockey game was on last night so bed came later (9:45) than I would have liked. I also cheated and split a bottle of pinot grigio with the misses. The scale did not seem to mind.

PS, Mark if you read this, I have been in the "sweet spot" for about a week. I lost about 50 pounds 7 years ago and have kept most of it off. about 15 crept back on in the last year. The PB has helped with that, and will take me further than any other "routine" or fad ever did.

It really is amazing how easy this can be if you monitor your carb intake and keep it under 100 grams.
    Last edited by Spun; 04-16-2010 at 06:37 AM. Reason: spelling error

Spun is offline Member
    Another day, and guess what?

I had 3 scrambled eggs and salsa for breakfast. So good

The numbers on the scale this morning were very pleasing.....the third digit was a nine!

I am not hungry at all, I am eating whole foods, and have been ambiently active with some intense sprints and lifting scattered throughout the week when it is convenient.

To keep me in the "sweet spot" today, it'll be 2 hard boiled eggs with a peice of fruit as a snack. There was talk of the family going to a little pizzeria down the road for dinner....it's Friday.

Not sure if the weather will permit a walk at lunch. Save the rainy walk for after dinner when I am in "comfy clothes".

Anyway, if your reading this, have a wicked awesome weekend, get outside and play!

Best regards,

Spence (aka Spun)

Spun is offline Member
    week 2 of Journal entries,

Fasting today, until dinner. The weekend was great, did my very best to stay as primal as possible despite having many social obligations. Opted for the steak tartar and snails in butter, but splurged with creme brulee for dessert.

Sunday went to the hockey game (in the box) This always creates a less than ideal situation as it is full of processed food and booze. Had my share of both, but did not go overboard.

Was outisde ALOT. had 12 yards of topsoil delivered yesterday. Forget any workouts this week, I'll get my exercise moving dirt around.

The weather today is so nice. Looking forward to a nice 5k walk at lunch.

Looking forward to spending some time south of the border next week in Texas. Spring here has been really great, but some consistent 20+ celsius weather is going to be nice.

L8er

Spun is offline Member
    Arrgghh, need to get more eggs, only 2 left in the fridge

For breakfast I had a wicked smoothie
    1 egg (raw)
    3 oz. raw milk,
    1 banana
    1 tbsp of almond butter
    1 tsp of flaxseed oil

The smoothie was a nice change

Daily fuel will consist of fruit and hard boiled eggs.

Not sure what my wife has taken out of the freezer for dinner. I hope it was those sweet beef sausages....or some salmon.

A nice 5k walk for lunch.

moved a bunch of dirt last night, gonna move more dirt tonight. Should provide fodder for a great nights sleep.

Spun is offline Member
    Got my eggs, back to my routine.

three eggs, scrambled with salsa. If you are reading this and have never tried eggs and salsa, you should.

Brought 2 hardboiled eggs with me. I put them in a bag with a little salt, pepper and hot sauce (sugarless). By the time I am ready to eat them, they have rolled around in that magical bag of taste for a couple of hours. Can't wait. Chase them with an apple and its like they never happened!!

A nice 5k walk at lunch in the sun....a great way to break the cubicle time down into digestable chunks.

Moved about a ton (literally) of dirt last night. I am currently top dressing the lawn. You want to talk about primal workouts. Lots of bending, lifting with legs and arms, mild twisting, not too mention the spreading and wheelbarrel pushing. I like to exaggerate the movements here as well. For example, when filling the wheelbarrel with earth, I'll bend my knees to 90 degrees, scoop, then lift by extending my legs. Quite possibly the most finctional squat I have ever perfromed because it is actually helping me complete a task!

Dinner will be meat and some veggies sandwiched between more dirt moving. The weather is fantastic so I enjoy being outside. My daughter will give me a hand too. She is 6 and enjoys the ride back to the dirt pile in the empty wheelbarrel. She got brave last night and asked if she could stand. I told her she could, but I would go more slowly. A primal play workout for both of us (standing in a moving wheelbarrel is great for stabilizers).

Hope to be in bed by 9 tonight. Slept like a log last night, a repeat would be awesome.

Have a wicked awesome day, move lots and get some sun!!!

Spun
    (a.k.a. Spence)

Spun is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Bam...another day, another 3 scrambled eggs and salsa.

More hardboiled eggs and fruit thru the day....with a twist. I brought a 3 oz peice of leftover steak, a nice departure from the norm.
    Went for the usual 5k walk at lunch, it's cool and cloudy in Canada's Capital today. Tonights workout will be less sweaty.

After moving another ton of earth last night, I slept like a log. was asleep before my 6 yr old.

Going to Houston next week for biz. Gonna try my best to eat as well as possible, Hopefully the hotel has an accomodating chef.
    It'll be nice to have a gym at my disposal, as well as some quality "Spence time" at night for reading and walks.

that's it for now,

PS - todays article about gut bugs was awesome. too bad we go out of our to sterilze everything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast