Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is breakfast 'the most important meal of the day' or is this another myth? page 2

ez2cy is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Tim Ferris of the 4 hour body claims a person should consume 30 gr of protein within 30 minutes of waking. Not sure if he cites any studies for it but he does nothing but cite them thru out the book. He claimed his father lost 15 lbs in a month and the only change he made was the eating the protein first thing.

??????
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Graycat is online now Senior Member
    I get up around 7 am most days, but my 'break-fast' meal is around 2:30pm or even later if I'm only eating once that day. Years ago, when I was at my lightest and leanest and ate whatever, I now (didn't at the time) realize that was a result of IF. I was never a morning meal person, and I believe it's perfectly fine to skip it.

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    BBC News - Breakfast, lunch and dinner: Have we always eaten them?

an interesting article about the origins of different eating periods.

Breakfast = "Break The Fast"
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    If you're running on sugars, then yes, breakfast in the morning, is important. You've got nothing in your tank. If you're fat-adapted, then eating first thing in the morning only makes sense if you wake up ravenous. You've always got storage to draw from, and you CAN.

So, this CW is only true if you're living a SAD/CW life.

BeatlesFan is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    If you're running on sugars, then yes, breakfast in the morning, is important. You've got nothing in your tank. If you're fat-adapted, then eating first thing in the morning only makes sense if you wake up ravenous. You've always got storage to draw from, and you CAN.

So, this CW is only true if you're living a SAD/CW life.
    This

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast is mostly important for people with circadian rhythm problems that they must restore.
    They can't get benefits from IFing because the pathway it uses to be beneficial isn't there anymore.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am wondering if it depends on how long you naturally sleep. I sleep less than an average person, 6 hours a night (sometimes 7), so my active period is 17-18 hours rather than 14 or 16 hours as it would be for a person who sleeps 8 to 10 hours a night (lucky folks!). I think it could be the reason why I require extra meals. I tried IF'ing and it doesn't work well. I get up around 3:30-4 am, cook and pack lunches, then go to work and by 7 am I really need to eat as I was awake for 3+ hours. I just can't concentrate at work. And that was true even after a month of eating 70+ from fats and 30 g carbs a day. I dunno why, but those 2 hours between 12 hours and 14 hours fasting window are really hard for me to accomplish unless I am locked in a meeting or start work late and go to the gym first thing in the morning (which I can't do often, since it adds 40-60 min to the workday+commute).
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast may be the most important meal of the day, but only if you eat it after Noon! Personally I have been eating breakfast at 2 PM of years and I feel great by doing it that way. For the last days my breakfast has consisted of 4 raw whole eggs and 4 extra egg whites that I take in a shake made of very cold Coke-Zero…

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    For me, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I cannot function very well for more than a day or two without 3 square (complete) meals a day. I can't skip calories or my whole system suffers (mood is the first thing to go, but energy slacks quickly). My body is probably still doing a lot of healing, so maybe this will change for me in the future, but it definitely varies for different people.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    When Kellogg's was first putting breakfast cereal on the shelves, they did a study that found that 7-year olds who ate breakfast performed better in school than children that didn't. The marketing that came out of that was, "Breakfast is the Most Important Meal of the Day!"

And maybe it is for growing little humans. But it doesn't apply to all adults at all.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast