Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bananas in the Fruit Power Ranking list page 2

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Bananas have just about the highest glucose:fructose ratio among fruits, hence one of the healthiest, and are also rich in B vitamins, potassium and soluble fibre. Best eaten fried in butter, IMO.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    Also, I didn't know about "those weird toe cramps" being associated with potassium deficiency. I think I know what you're referring to and I have experienced it occasionally and never known why.
    It happens to me when I'm kneeling down with the weight on the balls of my feet, or driving. My second and third toes suddenly stick out in strange directions and then the muscles stiffen up and it hurts. It's not unbearable pain but I usually have to stop whatever I'm doing and walk around on the balls of my feet to flatten and stretch my toes. The toes will go back to normal when I stretch, but as soon as I stop, they spring back into those weird diagonal directions. I usually have to walk and teo stretch for a couple minutes to make it go away. Is that what you mean? I had them when I was visiting a relative. She had them too and the doctor gave her potassium. She gave me one of her potassium supplements and that took care of it.

If you don't want to keep bananas in the kitchen, buy a bottle of potassium pills and take one every few days, or when you get the cramps. It won't stop the cramps instantly, but it prevents them from coming back.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12