I haven't finished reading the book yet. I have been surfing this site and gathering the bits and bobs, so starting a Journal anyway, as I have been eating Primal for two weeks now - give and take a few glitches.

It all started with coconut oil and a surge of happy energy I haven't experienced since childhood. And a few 'aha' moments of when I tried to go all organic and zen using organic brown rice, fruits, veg and beans - and gained 10 kg, developed serious health issues and immune system crashed big time. All this during a time when I was addicted to hard core exercise and was teaching at least two hours of aerobics and 1 hour of my own chronic cardio training daily.

Then one day I craved steak, I ate fillet for breakfast lunch and supper - if I could - and all the health issues started to clear - stopped the high carb low fat vegetarian zen thing - ate meat - and my health improved. The only thing missing was quality fats. A decade later here I am .

Day One:

Black central American Coffee with 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tsp xylitol
4tbsp lamb mince left-overs
Salad, 1 tbsp fenugreek sprouts and a small avocado

2 eggs (boiled)
oopsie - two cookies - Not planning ahead here - resulted in blood sugar crash later

Lamb mince
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
half cup of frozen blueberries, 2 tbsp coconut milk, 1 tsp organic cocoa powder, 1 tsp raw honey, 10 raw almonds - tried to blend it with a hand blender and that was not successful, so just ate it like so - YUM!

Exercise: 20 - 30 minute walk and a 4 minute Tabata body weight session before bed