Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: maca root & birth control.. need help! page

maca root & birth control.. need help!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ladies..have you tried to take maca root while on the pill? I've read from some sites that the maca root messes with & cancels out the BC, but other forms say there's not a problem? The pill has killed my libido. It's embarrassing actually. I really need help getting it back in action (newly wed & excited hubs don't mix well with a libido that's DOA)
    But I don't want to not be protected & get off the BC...any ideas? :/

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Fertility awareness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's what we use. Good for not having children when you don't want to, and for having them when you do want to.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    We use a mix of what magicmerl says and the ever 100% full proof "withdrawal method". So been doing this for 8 years and we have had 2 kids....both intended. Don't mean we won't slip up and have a third, but I'm willing to risk it

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Withdrawal is NOT 100%. Even pre-cum has sperm that is viable.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Use a different method of BC. I used the Mirena IUD for almost five years. It worked, minimal side effects.

Technically, no form of BC is 100%.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    We use a mix of what magicmerl says and the ever 100% full proof "withdrawal method". So been doing this for 8 years and we have had 2 kids....both intended. Don't mean we won't slip up and have a third, but I'm willing to risk it
    What do you call people using 'withdrawal' as birth control? Parents!

But seriously, that's what we go with too.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Withdrawal is NOT 100%. Even pre-cum has sperm that is viable.
    lol...Sarcasm doesn't type well huh? The 100% portion was a joke....(kinda, it's worked for 8 years). And as I said if pregnancy occurs we actually wouldn't be stressing.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    lol...Sarcasm doesn't type well huh? The 100% portion was a joke....(kinda, it's worked for 8 years). And as I said if pregnancy occurs we actually wouldn't be stressing.
    Ah. Missed the sarcasm completely.

I'm actually on BC as well and want to see where this goes. Not for the libido effects (although I wouldn't say no), but some of the other effects.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Has anyone tried maca root for libido? My curiosity was piqued by marks post the other day - I really need to give my libido a kick up the bum!!
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

I personally just didn't want my wife to resume BC products for all the other side effects that you probably are talking about. There just really aren't all that many options that don't have side effects though outside of barrier methods (condoms....and I refuse to ever wear one again!).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast