People seem to like saying that human teeth are close to a herbivore's, meaning we were made to eat plants. I agree there, we WERE made to eat plants. They also like saying that our teeth are nothing like a carnivore's, so we weren't made to eat meat. Ahem...

Well, let's look at the evidence.
Looking at only the incisors and canines, it's easy to see how a dog and a human's teeth differ. It is obvious that a dog has sharper incisors and larger canines than a human. But these teeth are only used for dragging food INTO the mouth, not processing it. Pre-molars and molars process it. So let's compare four images of pre-molars and molars, more or less side on:
The standard image of human teeth:
teeth.jpg
My teeth (which, based on observation, are not an uncommon shape at all):
IMG0548A.jpg
A giraffe's teeth (true herbivore):
5831942344_32027832da.jpg
And a dog's teeth (mostly carnivorous):
223dogTeethClean.jpg

Looking at the incisors and canines, no human teeth aren't ANYTHING like a dog's front teeth. But, let's look at the chewing teeth, the molars.
The standard image of human teeth seems to match nicely with the giraffe's: rounded, a bit untidy, but mostly flat and not hugely sharp.
teeth.jpg5831942344_32027832da.jpg
Yet, when comparing a REAL human's teeth, the dog's molars are more similar:
5831942344_32027832da.jpgIMG0548A.jpg223dogTeethClean.jpg

My teeth aren't abnormal. They aren't unhealthy. They're clean, strong, they've never had a problem. They seem to run in the family. It isn't age either, I'm 19, the model is for 21-25 year olds. Yet my teeth are VERY different to what is presented as "normal". Go to a mirror, pull the corner of your mouth back. Chances are you'll see something more like my teeth than like that image of a "standard human"'s teeth.

Of course, our teeth are closer to chimpanzees',
Corbis-YA005448.jpg
pigs' and other omnivores than they are to dogs'. I wasn't saying we are carnivores. I was just making a point about how ridiculously we view our own teeth, to a point where a vegetarian arguing against meat-eating will say "humans have flat molars" (based on graphs, drawings, but NOT real teeth) yet nobody will bat an eyelid.

And, as a side-note, why do we not have huge canines? Well, even largely herbivorous simians have larger canines. The reason we don't isn't that we "aren't made to eat meat", or else those monkeys would have lost them too. The reason is simpler: humans have less prognathism (less of a "stickey-outey jaw") than other animals. This would make huge canines inconvenient. As they don't serve much of a purpose, they just got smaller to allow for a flatter face, which had several evolutionary benefits (it made growing larger skulls for brains easier, for example).