Thread: allergic to omega3 pills!! page

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Well, i do eat lots of fish, but lately ive been reading up on omega 3s and realised that the fish that i eat (wild salmon about 3 x a week) isnt enough... so i have experimented with a few different omega 3 pills n i get a rash from them ((

Any advice for a substitute??? N strange that im not even slightly allergic to fatty fish... i can eat huge portions of selfsmoked salmon n never had a reaction....

challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Daughter of Grok Guest

You could try fish oil pills and/or flax oil pills. Although, fish oils are much healthier than flax if you can handle it without a reaction.

goodfriendsam Guest

I could be something in the pill, not the oil. You ever have a problem with any other pills?

If the rashes were bad, don't push it. Stick with whole fish and limit your vegetable oils and you will be fine for omega 3's. It's not like omega 3's are some godly particle that is the solution to all of our problems; it's just one more nutrient nutritionists like. If you want to keep trying, go for cod liver oil, liquid form.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

I just shoot cod liver oil in my mouth with a syringe. Then promptly chase it with a strawberry or something un-fishy flavored! LOL. You get a lot more bang for your buck getting the luquid form, instead of gelcaps.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

TT where do you buy your (hopefully inexpensive) cod liver oil?

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Just at the health food store. Ill have a look at the brand when I get home later.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

CaveGirl Guest

Eva, maybe its the gelatin caps and not the oil (since you are fine eating the fish itself)?